What are your 2023 New Years ResoYOlutions?!

YES!

4 Likes

You have different challenges as you grow older and there are some things you can no longer do. I have found that embracing the things you can do still enriches life. Yoyos, guitar, writing, programming and bicycling are things I enjoy. The joy is in family friends and meeting challenges. The best part of a destination is getting there.

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

12 Likes

Hey, HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR to all forum members!!!
My goal is to continue with my routine combos so I don’t forget them…:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

To throw for at least 15 mins a day!

3 Likes

To not purchase any yoyos in 2023 and learn to enjoy what I’ve got instead…

9 Likes

Going to attempt a @sakatuca TAW (Trick A Week), getting 50 would just be scratching the surface

7 Likes

Here are my goals for 2023:

2A - Get good enough to practice two handed the majority of the time.

5A - Get better at moving the weight and the throw in different directions.

0A - Play the full fixed axle February again; I learned so much last year. I just want to get better but have no real specific goal tricks or elements or focus areas.

Buy less - I decided not to buy any unresponsives the last 2 months of 2022 and it honestly took a lot of pressure off purchasing. I definitely have FOMO with all these awesome releases, but I just tend to play responsive way more. I haven’t decided exactly what this looks like yet for 2023 but I definitely want to focus my dollars on supporting fixie makers and the development of new and exciting responsives.

6 Likes

Just gonna learn more advanced tricks. Otherwise I’m gonna do what I’m gonna do.

3 Likes

I’m with @ChrisFrancz i want to learn more tricks then i buy yoyos. :slightly_smiling_face::upside_down_face::wink:

7 Likes

I really haven’t thrown since 2021; I’m honestly just looking forward to throwing again and rediscovering both the joy of throwing and my collection again.

I’m hoping to learn a few new tricks, vastly reduce my collection to just the throws that bring me joy, and stick to letting a throw go before buying a new one once I reduce lol.

6 Likes

Stop buying more yoyos,start learning more tricks.

9 Likes

I would like to try and work on creating more original tricks/combos this year

8 Likes

19 Likes

Damn I quote the myself of 6 days ago, I did already some of those things in a week, well done me, now I have to keep going!

4 Likes

learn more tricks, buy fewer yoyos.

8 Likes

As 2023 is coming to a close, I thought I’d take a minute to retrospect on my goals for 2023…

By the strict letter of what I wrote here, I think it’s mission accomplished. I’ve played a lot of 2A in 2023 and I can see the progress. I have recently felt a little plateaued and I’ve been getting frustrated with that.

Wow I must have chosen my words very carefully because mission accomplished again. I think 5A was my second most played style in 2023, with a split between responsive and unresponsive. My crowning achievement of the year was learning Gerbil Wheel.

Done again. So far batting 1000. I really enjoyed fixed axle February in 2023 and can’t wait to do it again!

Well, here’s the one I didn’t do well with. I believe I successfully only bought 1 new unresponsive in 2023, which was the Reboot, and I have absolutely no regrets about that. I acquired a few other unresponsives this year through the BST with a few through trades.

I unfortunately wanted to try all the loopers, so I bought a ton of them only to discover that my first looper, the Loop 720, was still my favorite.

Well, what a year it’s been. For 2024, I feel pretty at peace with yo-yo, where I’m at skill wise, how I practice and play. My resolutions are to become a better seller and trader and stop the collection growth, as I’m running out of space. I’d also like to attend an in person yoyo meet up or event, as that’s something I haven’t done yet.

Looking forward to 2024 with you all! Happy new year!

12 Likes

For me…. I have sworn an oath to Valhalla to never buy more than 31 yo-yos in a 30 day month.

5 Likes

My resolution is to actually make more runs of fixies. I have the workshop now and I really want to make it happen.

6 Likes

play yoyo everyday. get good enough where i feel like i can express myself even a little bit with my tricks. buy less than… 4? yoyos. i would love to make a short video by the end of the year as well.

5 Likes

I have to say that I did my homework and completed all of the points I did setup last year, well done me at least in the yoyo world I have been a good boy, while about real life let’s leave it on a side and forget :rofl:.

Now is time for some new:

• Stop collecting, just sell what I do not use anymore (I have too many yoyos now, around 55)
  • Keep filming a trick a week for another year, improve filming, maybe more long edits? (I did 3 last year, can do better and better style)
  • Improve my style of playing
  • Start film tutorial not only for myself and who ask in DM but maybe open a little channel?
  • Aiming for Italian national champion in 1a as a goal for myself contest wise
  • Keep be kind with others and why not make mom and dad proud
  • Survive and try to stay alive

Good luck to all of us :heart:

8 Likes