1 yoyo a year :( WAT DO?

Aye lad, there’s the rub. I’ve been trying to convince her since 2011. I actually don’t need to have a yoyo whenever I have money. What I would love is a yoyo per contest. I usually only attend 2-3 :S

Holy crap. Since 2011? I weep for you dude, that’s just plain wrong. But you’ve gotten a few yoyo’s since right?

Like 2 or 3.

Another thing is she galf supports it. She jokes around saying, “Such a useless talent. No real life application.” I know, however, she believes that and she says it as a joke to communicate it to me, if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Buy yoyos in the black marke-- I mean at a yoyo club… Then hide them in your wall or something

LOL. Another thing, she keeps all my money :confused:

My mom was kind of on my case for this too, until she realized that I can get most if not all of my money back later by selling them if I decide to stop. You also might want to compare it to how much another common hobby costs, they might find it similar.

Hm… Convince her you are getting a nice camera or a new lens for one if you already have one?

Thats kinda lame that she keeps your money though… I mean it is yours after all. You should try to find a way to get a personal stash of money that yo momma doesn’t know about. Ever made cocai-- I mean, ever made lemonade and sold it in secret?

LOL

have you ever sold your houses valuable… I mean tried prostitu… i mean black market kidney selli… I mean selling a kidney legitimately

when i was a younger kid, i used to rollerblade (the grinding hand rails variety, not couples skate at the roller rink…), and my parents had pretty much the same outlook on skates as yours with yoyos,
1 pair per year… granted they were 250-300 each, it was up to me to make them last…

and if i can only use one pair at a time why would i need two?

haha, i remember times skating with freinds and being so frustrated with my equipment, it just couldnt keep up after months and months of the obvious abuse… the worst part for me was i was doing something i loved, yet felt like i was being limited by circumstances out of my control…

although the variation between skates to yoyos is a bit different… i can truly sympathize with your situation.

it sucks.
and everyone on here can post about the way it should or shouldnt be, but that doesnt really change anything…
if i had to add my 0.02c, i would just say, remember that once you believe someone has taken the power away from you to change something, you truly are powerless to make that change.

that, and next time you see me at a meet hit me up, i will let you borrow whatever yoyo you want for as long as you want…

take it easy jordan.

1 Like

you wanna share with me to higgs but this time we could both get one wink wink :wink: :wink:

I feel for you, I’m only really aloud to get two a year. My second one was the SUMMIT and I love that yoyo to death. Than I found out the majesty was being released again. Always wanted a majesty FML

Let’s try to stay on topic LOL

Yes, yes they are. Is she that strict that she can’t let you buy an extra $10 yoyo!? Dude, you need to compromise, she should at least let you spend $500 a year. Does your dad have a say in this? Also there has got to be something that your mom does that she excessively spends on, use that against her. Or when you go to BAC have a professional talk to her, like Eric. It isn’t fair that you get 1 throw a year. I’m not rich, I’m not poor and I atleast get 10 throws a year, and that’s what my PARENTS get me!? I get my self at least 5 high ends a year (I end up trading/selling them, but that’s me). Dude, if you show anyone what you can do with a yoyo they will agree with me that your one of the best yoyo players alive! Your gonna be a top ranking player at BAC, at any competition you attend, this is your passion! Your mom has to see that. To be honest I deserve one yoyo a year, not 15! You deserve to have WAAAAYYY more yoyos than anyone even CLOSE to your skill level! Especially if you earn money for them! What’s the point of having extra money around if your not gonna use it?

Say goodbye to your Summit! Jordan’s gonna snatch that one up Eric!

~Alann

Lol iYoyo58. I don’t think you should judge how many yoyos someone can buy based on how good they are, but thanks a lot for the kind words. Anyways, that’s another problem. She doesn’t blow money on anything.

In that case there’s really no way out of this with out being honest, hide a stash of cash, sneak out to a store, buy a Paypal card, order a yoyo, put the address of a close friend cough me cough and have that friend give it to you at school, a library, yoyo meet, 7-Eleven, AMPM, yoyo meet, Wal Mart, Pizza Hut, Little Caesars, yoyo meet, Lowes, Santanna Row, Star Bucks, yoyo meet when it arrives. :wink: wink wink

One new yoyo per year, two trades a year, money in the bank, and a mother that cares. The latter makes you the envy of many.

Trust your mother, she may have reasons she doesn’t care to share with you.
I wouldn’t go behind her back and buy yo yos, as a few have suggested. You risk losing trust and respect. There’s not a yoyo made that’s worth that price.

Yeah, I know, I would never be able to bring myself to do it behind her back.