1 yoyo a year :( WAT DO?

Why buy when you can trade?

I hear all of ya. It’s just I wanna build up my collection, not just trade. She limits me to 2 online trades a year. So I can usually only trade my yoyos during contests unless I do a lot of convincing. As I said before, I’m just envious of other yoyoers that purchase yoyos so long as their wallet can tolerate it. I have unused money and I want to use them on yoyos.

wat. Only two trades?

Yep, 2 trades unless I spend like 2 weeks convincing and having to deal with a mom with a bad mood for 1 month.

You are a young collector at heart, not just a player. I’d support my kid if he wanted to collect stamps, coins, comic books or anything affordable. While it would have limits, one throw per year for a collector is just not good enough. I think 4 per year is fair. Birthday, Xmas, and a few for a job well done in school or whatnot that could be earned. Also, I’d allow friends and family to contribute to your collecting if they wanted to buy you throws on your birthday or a holiday. Different strokes I guess…

I wish this was how my mom thought…

Might wanna work on that. (the reason I’m about to post this is because the words under your avatar say “God bless”)
Commandment:

1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2.You shall not make for yourself a carved image,

10.You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male servant, or his female servant, or his ox, or his donkey, or anything* that is your neighbor’s.

*yoyos

Your mother probably doesn’t want you to mindlessly throw money into something you already have.

Lol I see, but she doesn’t root it back THAT far. She just doesn’t understand why I would need more.

Ok then. She doesn’t understand. Many non-throwers don’t. And if she doesn’t come around, please don’t have ill-feeling towards her. She’s still your mother. I hope you two can work this out like reasonable adults :slight_smile:

Well, no one NEEDS more than one outfit, a bed, or any electronics. Try holding your mom to a limit of one new pair of shoes per year (or something along those lines), and see how she likes it

Get into spin tops.

get your own debt card or paypal account and buy your own yoyos if you buy your own yoyos she can’t limit it. Also if you have to get 1 Yoyo a year all you have to do is get a really good one and trade it once your bored with it.

In that case don’t come near me when I’m at the YYJ Booth at BAC.

What does you mom enjoy doing BTW?

Please read all the other posts. I cannot just get my paypal or debit. I have the money to buy the yoyos, but she won’t allow me to spend it on yoyos. I am also limited to 2 online trades a year.

I just want a classic from yyj :cry: classics are so much fun.

That really sucks man. Allowing you to make your own purchases is something I am glad my mom makes me do. She makes me think about for a certain time, and makes sure I do research. Try to convince her to let you be responsible with making your own purchases for a time, say several months. It can be like a test run. You don’t go overboard, and she will see that you are not blowing all of your money. try to come to some sort of agreement like that. Another option is only one of a yo-yo over a certain price (say $100) per year, and several cheaper ones. This allows for you to get a high end, and still have some money left around to get a classic or something along those lines.

If anything it could be at least 2 throws a year :wink: or like a price limit… $300 a year or so? You should negotiate with your mom about that… Now, let’s see what’s really necessary… You don’t NEED 50 yoyos to be honest… But I know how you feel, there’s always another yoyo to try out :wink: that’s why another option is to trade so you can try a wide variety of differnet throws. But let’s talk about how many yoyos you should you really have at most… You should have maybe 3 competition yoyos, so you have 2 spares during your routine just in case. I assume you only compete in 1a? You could have one throw that you take when you’re on the go too… Perhaps 1 or yoyos or pairs each for 2a, 3a, 4a, and 5a. And then you could get maybe a signed yoyo for sentimental reasons. Anything more than that is probably unnecessary… So in the end, you should maybe only have a little over 10 yoyos. But if you do want to try out a lot of different throws trading is probably the way to go :slight_smile:

My not so appropriate or right recommendation would be to buy visa gift cards to use and just pay with them. But the first and right thing would be to convince your mom if possible. Let her know that it’s just money, you will spend it, you will save it, but either way in life it has little meaning what you do with it in such small amounts. When you have what it takes to get something that will make you happy, and it doesn’t interfere with things like bills, why not enjoy yourself and the things you have while you can?

Just think, you are only a teen for a few years, and I think you should be able to spend or save your money as you wish, enjoying the time you have to enjoy yourself all day, with no work or bills to pay. I told my mom this when my buying got out of hand, she understood its what I want, and it will make me happy.

Yarrgghhhh thanks for all the advice. Just to clear something up, my mom is a great person. She drives me 3 hours to Chico for nationals, 2 hours to Sacramento for Calstates, and 1 hour to San Fran for BAC. I don’t feel I should be complaining. I just don’t know how present it to her without getting her mad. I feel she’s already doing too much for me. Whenever I try to bring it up, she threatens me with things like not going to contest and not being able to get yoyos.

Just let it be for a while, is my best advice. Focus more on tricks than new throws. I’m sure if you let it cool off she’ll probably let you get a throw. Give it a month or two