Zorro's 2014 Freestyle Contest

weak.

1 Like

profound statement Greg.

1 Like

oh boy

1 Like

this is spiraling

This has been a long journey. Seemingly a good journey at that. Changing horses midstream is always ill advised.

Food for thought.

1 Like

are prizes being handed out still?

In away Iā€™m almost glad I didnā€™t make it to finals cuz this is getting a little out of control.

Personally I think that Zorro just has had to work a lot to do this contest.  I don't see why he should have to pick the winner too.  In my very humble opinion the judges should still judge, but if Zorro decides to pick the winners himself, it's up to him.  I believe that the judges should still judge because it's way more accurate when scoring is happening, rather than get bias points just because there's only one judge.  Just throwing this out there.
1 Like

Zorro hasnā€™t ā€œhadā€ to do anything. He was creating all kinds of contests with questionable guidelines and processesā€¦ but it didnā€™t matter because people could either join or not (after the Ironarm I participated in, I decided on ā€œnotā€ going forward). But ultimately, itā€™s his decision to run them. Nobody made him.

As soon as you have participants, you MUST give up a certain amount of yourself in the contest. Itā€™s no longer just ā€œyourā€ contest, itā€™s the contest of everyone who put time into practicing and filming a segment. You have invited other people to be ā€œstakeholdersā€, and you are accepting the responsibilities that go with it.

Take it a step further, now there are outside judges invited to participate (there was even a sign-up). Now itā€™s REALLY not just ā€œyourā€ contest anymore. I donā€™t care if you started it and planted the seedsā€¦ you have to accept a certain amount of decision-making by consensus. The participants are expecting certain things (for example, judging by a panel of volunteers), the judges are expecting certain things (guidelines, deadlines, videos to judge). To not give these stakeholders consideration is an act of incredible narcissism and self-entitlement.

The good thing isā€¦ Zorro will have the chance to learn from all of this, and I hope he takes that opportunity instead of getting all bent out of shape and playing the victim (or sole stakeholder) as we have seen him do before. It shouldnā€™t be about hurt feelings at this point in time, itā€™s about seeing something through and then learning from it. If seeing it through means arbitrarily picking a favourite, at least it will be completed. But itā€™s still weak sauce.

vegabomb really said it bestā€¦ changing horses midstream is always ill-advised. Thatā€™s one of the best lessons to learn from this.

3 Likes

I would love for the judges to judge. As you guys have been saying, all I should do is just let them judge. Well, I have sent PMs and made posts telling them to judge. THEY HAVE NOT DONE ONE THING YET! So, now I ask, whoā€™s fault is it that there are no results?

P.S. If you all donā€™t like the way this is run. Leave. It just means less work for me. >:(

:stuck_out_tongue:

the thing is, zorro, that i did my finals the way i did because i thought people would be clicking it and judging it because i just wanted to see how many points i got in it. I would have done my finals far more different if I had known you would have just picked your favorite one, because i would have done more visually-appealing tricks instead of technical-istic stuff.

i did as well. I agree. I would have done more flashy tricks instead of tech tricks

Like Zorro said, if you have a complaint, complain to the judges if they arenā€™t getting scores inā€¦

Why canā€™t people just have fun with this thing??

That was the idea. I did have fun, I just want it to be judged the way it was advertised.

well if youā€™re having fun thereā€™s nothing wrong, but i see where youā€™re coming from

Iā€™ve only received one message and it was before the contest even startedā€¦

2 Likes

Zorro, can you please put the results up ASAP. Because your the only one whoā€™s got to pick and itā€™s not 20 vids. Itā€™s 7. That shouldnt take that long.