This is gonna be fun. I am starting this contest for the fun of it, so it’s not really too competitive although it’s always nice to win.
Anyways, I got the idea from LeftyLink starting the Throwdown. I thought it would be pretty cool to do, so I am doing something similar with different rules.
New Info in Red
Everybody has a 1-take video of them doing a freestyle to any music. Music can be playing in the background, edited onto the computer, or no music at all. You may not edit your video other than a title and/or music. There will be a prelim round if I exceed 15 contestants.
Prelims will be 1-minute.
Finals will be 2-minutes.
I am judging so I will not compete.
You can submit your videos to YouTube and send them to me via PM.
If you need an example for the kind of videos I am looking for, see “Subvert” by James Reed.
Section 1 (Videos):
- You have up to 3 takes to complete your video. Please be honest. You do not get extra points for completing the video on your first or second attempt.
- You will receive a score between 0 and 100. I will be the one to score you.
- Videos may have no editing done to them other than a title and music if necessary.
- I will be looking for deductions (yoyo restarts, yoyo changes, etc.)
- Video lengths are: prelims = 1 minute, finals = 2 minutes (not including title; from start of first throw to after two minutes of throwing [last bits that exceed the time limit will not count])
Section 2 (Contestants):
- No more than 30 contestants can play
- There is a minimum of 5 contestants.
- Prelims will occur if number of participants exceeds 15.
- Top 10 contestants from Prelims will advance to the finals.
- You will be disqualified if your video is submitted late of the deadline.
- Registration may be closed at any moment after I reach 5 contestants.
Section 3 (Yoyos and Tricks):
- You may use any yoyo that you would like
- You may use any yoyo style that you would like.
- You may not change style midway through your video (you may only use one style)
Section 4 (Video Submissions):
- Follow the steps to submission below.
- The only place I will except videos is a link through a PM.
- Videos must be in YouTube format unless special permission is granted.
Video Submission Process:
Step 1: Film your video (you may use up to 3 takes; if you make a mistake in all of them, choose your best video. Do not stop in mid-freestyle due to a mistake, it may be your best video).
Step 2: Upload video to YouTube (unless special permission is granted)
Step 3: Send me a PM
Step 4: Wait for Results
Entertainment and Cleanliness Points: 35
Technical Points: 65
If you would like more information or have a suggestion to change the rules or anything similar, contact me via PM.
To register, reply below or PM me.
- Erik Kerber
- The Yoyo Nerd
- Tubby Omnivore
- The Yoinator
Prelims are go now. I have hit 15 people
Registration Deadline: Friday, 2/21/14 Registration Closed
Prelim Video Deadline: Tuesday, 2/25/14
Prelim Results: Thursday, 2/27/13 (may be earlier)
Finals Deadline: Monday, 3/3/14
Finals Results: Wednesday, 3/5/14 (may be earlier)
If you are registered, you may, at any time starting now until the deadline, submit your videos for the contest. I will PM everybody shortly regarding this as well to confirm everyone saw this.