Zero Gravity Return Tops - winglet yoyo

I assume you created this topic for some advice, but from the way you’re talking you seem pretty set on what you’ve made so idk. But if you want my 2 cents - I would reconsider the gap area before you start prototyping. I can already feel the string catching on that near 90 degree edge just from looking at it. And smooth out the rim - Same reason.

14 Likes

I read this as an announcement of a forthcoming product that is pretty far advanced in development rather than a request for feedback on the throw itself. Not saying that anyone is wrong for sharing their thoughts, but I am guessing he hasn’t seemed overly receptive to recommended changes because he never asked for them.

I will agree that what folks have said about fleshing out the rationale holds water. The yoyo market in general - including the “budget metal” part of it - is, quite honestly, glutted. Definitely need to find away to set a new product apart when there are so many - too many - choices when it comes to affordable monometal unresponsives.

3 Likes

Until the money has been sent to the machine shop there’s always time for feedback and changes. Revisions at this point are very, very inexpensive. The sort of feedback that @YoYoExpertGarrett gave is very valuable and should be heeded. He even caught something that I missed.

9 Likes

All fair points. I won’t claim to know much about design, but what you and Garrett said make sense. I just felt that some folks jumped on him for not seeming open to suggestion and wanted to point out that I never perceived an invitation in the first place :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, my bad if it came off harsh… Just my opinion on the whole topic. Since it’s still only a cad file I looked at it as just a work in progress. You never really know how a yo-yo will play until you get the prototypes in.

4 Likes

Continuos improvement is better than a delayed perfection. Hence, feedback is always welcome.

This project is coming to completion and I am happy and very excited about it. This journey brought me great experiences, learnings, personal satisfaction and, most importantly, fun! I never got tired in testing, designing, re-designing, starting over, thinking, etc.

As master Yoda once said: “Try not. Do or do not. There is no try.” So… I did it.

Thanks again!

7 Likes

@jeduardo congrats dude! Can’t wait to check it out! Also…excellent quote.

4 Likes

When are we going to hear prices and pre-order options?

2 Likes

I am working on that as we speak. It should be ready this week. Take a look a my instagram, I posted some updates there.

1 Like

Thanks I am morally opposed to Instagram though so I’ll just wait here.

5 Likes

Me too. I hate Instagram, FB, Twitter. I’d rather be left out and / or find out late about stuff. Nothing could make me go back to those platforms.

3 Likes

Yeah I only really use it as a marketing channel for my company and in my eyes that’s all they are good for, i.e. marketing channels for companies. In that light it’s totally valid that Zero Gravity uses it :wink:

4 Likes

Honestly, I am not a fan of instagram, but I need to have presence there. I will post some pics here.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Lookin good!

1 Like

some updates

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 8.54.36 PM

Release is coming soon.

7 Likes

Very cool! How does it play?

7 Likes

It plays very nice! fast and stable, and very comfortable to the hand.

3 Likes

Did you make the changes to the design that were suggested here?

1 Like