Zero Gravity Return Tops - winglet yoyo

I want to create high quality professional metal yo-yos by maintaining the cost as low as I can.

Why? For the joy of creating and throwing!

It began with an inspiration and the gears started turning in my head. I applied all my experiences and talents together in designing this yo-yo. It is hard to imagine that such a simple toy is so complicated and intricate in its design. After countless hours of planning, calculating, re-calculating, designing and re-designing, I finally created a metal yo-yo that reflects simplicity, dynamism, and of course, one that is fun to play!

I removed all non-added value concepts that increase the cost of the yo-yo to focus instead in customer experience. Reducing cost was one main concern but reducing waste was one another.

You can check it out at Zero Gravity Yoyos - Instagram

Feel free to send me any inquiry you may have.

Thanks for reading.

13 Likes

So you can buy a professional grade yoyo for under $40 these days. Is that out of reach for most people? Just how cheap will yours be?

7 Likes

Can’t hurt to give it a try! When it’s finished, send them out to youtube reviewers like Dylan Kowalski, Throws n Brews, YoyoJoe etc. A great yoyo is not really THAT expensive. Most people could buy 2 pretty high quality yoyos with the money they spend on junk food in one month. Maybe 3 high quality yoyos. Maybe you’re onto something really great!

5 Likes

Sounds good, looks good, any chance you’ll make em in red and offer direct shipping from a wharehouse in China? :no_mouth:

1 Like

My target is to be less than that Glenacius_K and I am getting there.

1 Like

That’s the plan ChrisFrancz, I reached TnB already and waiting to hear back from the rest. There are beautiful and high-quality yoyos out there for sure. I am expecting this one meets the expectations because it will definitely meet the price range I am targeting.

3 Likes

I am afraid red colorway is not in the plan at this moment. Next run I can incorporate it. If you are ok with black, dark blue/grey or pink, I can arrange the delivery to you.

1 Like

I am checking if I can do red–I will get back to you

1 Like

I’ve got a mostly red collection but there’s a few other colours in there as well :wink:
Have you launched yet?

1 Like

Grapes, yoyos are being finalized as we speak in those 3 colorways. I will consider red in the next run.

Super, give us an update when they go live!

2 Likes

Absolutely!

So I hate to be on the negative side of things but to build on what Glen is getting at, I can buy (and did) a 45$ yoyo in the Recog and have one of the best competition yo-yos out right now. Duncan and YYF both have solid, competition viable yo-yos at that price point and TopYo has very capable options from ~28-35$. Not to mention you can find a Cadence ES for 30$ on BST fairly regularly.

I’m not trying to say your project isn’t worth it, but I wonder if you were really aware of what options are currently available that fit your goal that you’ll be competing with for customer spending. It’s not enough to just hit an affordable price range anymore, you still have to be good enough for consumers to consider your product over all the options I mentioned above. Especially when many people will pick the 45$ option over the 35$ if there’s a significant quality jump.

If your design is as solid as you believe that should be a good starting point, but depending on where exactly your price is you’ll have different levels of competition.

5 Likes

Yes, it is great to see more options out there. What I am just saying and sharing is just my ideal, my beleive. Thanks for the comment though.

2 Likes

I mean it’s awesome that you are taking the steps to make a yo yo, but given that you’re on a forum filled with potential consumers don’t you think you should listen to feedback? The idea is great, but if it doesn’t result in an appealing product I’m sure you’ll be disappointed by the lack of positive reception.

I don’t know how long you have been yoyoing, but a lot of people here have extensive knowledge on what the modern yo-yo market looks like. I think if you’re not considering what other yo-yos will be competing with yours you’re setting yourself up to have a bad time.

Also, are you set on that design? Tbh, H-shapes seem to be one of the less popular designs currently, so it may pay to look at what’s popular right now and redesign based on that. It’s great that you have this goal, but from your lack of awareness of the current budget market and design trends it seems like you could benefit from a little more research into the modern yo-yo market.

This may seem a bit overly critical, but I’d rather have you frustrated now than after it’s too late to adjust.

8 Likes

Always happy yo receive feedback Durfee–it is very welcome. Right now we are happy with our design and totally aware of what’s outside in the market.

5 Likes

If you are satisfied with your design and its sales potential then just let the marketplace decide.

Either the forum experts will turn out to have been right and the marketplace will respond with a resounding “meh”, or they will turn out to have been wrong and the marketplace will gobble them up voraciously.

Either way I think it will be a valuable learning experience.

9 Likes

Create a yoyo because you want to create one, that’s fine.

“I started to think of the countless number of people (of all ages) who could also benefit from playing yo-yo but who could possibly not be able to do so due to the high costs of a good professional metal yo-yo.”

Tbh you can get by perfectly fine with a YYF Replay Pro for $15. You can even get to a competition level with that without too much of a setback compared to something more premium.

But let’s just put that aside for now and say you’re specifically talking about “good professional metal yo-yo.” You stated your goal in a way that makes it seem like nothing great is already out there for that market. But there are many well made metal yoyos in the $30 range nowadays. Silenus, Colossus line, Level 6, Cyber Crash, Kilter 3, etc. So I don’t think your statement above is very valid.

That budget range is already rather saturated. In order to bring something new to the table you’d have to price it at $25 or less or maybe a 7075 for $40 or less but I don’t think that’s very feasible. And even then it’s only going to be a few bucks cheaper than what’s already out there.

Not trying to discourage you from creating a yoyo, I just think maybe you should reevaluate the why

8 Likes

Actually this is a great point you are making. It makes me aware that what I really want to transmit that this yo-yo will be part of that category of yo-yos you mentioned above.This is exactly the intention. Thanks Andy!

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that I appreciate ALL of the feedback from this awesome community! All of your comments are helping me be to fine tune The purpose of making this yoyo (and hopefully others)

This is what community is about! THANKS for your time guys!

5 Likes