YYF Ricochet

Most hacksaws are designed to cut through metal.

Titanium is pretty darn tough. That is why I said they probably have something at the shop that could do a better job than a hack saw. Depending on various factors, the titanium yo-yo is going to be stronger than the steel blade of the hacksaw.

Yes, but hacksaw blades are hardened, yoyo’s are not. It is not that hard to cut titanium with a hacksaw, look it up.

What part of better is tripping you up? It is probably possible to cut through titanium with a hacksaw but it will look a heck of a lot cleaner, not to mention cost no customers their yoyo, if it is done on a bandsaw with a factory reject half. That is what other companies have done.

I have #217 Blue. Mine stays in the lovely case, no sparks :slight_smile: I got mine through Yoyofactory808, and have the pleasure of throwing with Alex and the rest of the great folks here in Hawaii.

We had to have the Sovereign cut by a company that has a water jet cutter. Needed big guns for this. Hacksaw is not going to do the job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aloha Ben! Great meeting you at the YYF808 class yesterday… I was the guy with the plastic box full of yoyos asking you all the questions at the tail end of class. It was awesome to have you here-the kids were still talking about the long sleeper contestant at the end. Awaiting your return in September :slight_smile:

We at NSCO support anyone who turns Ti.

I personally threw a YYF team member’s Ricochet at NER. That blue is something else, wow. Nothing plays quite like a Ti yoyo too.

I really hope your next Ti yoyo is “cherry chunk rocky road”. It would be cool to see a C22 successor, something outrageous, no compromise maybe a little crazy. You know you want to Ben!

:wink:

Blue/Purple # 164.

One of the most beautiful yoyos I’ve ever thrown. Love the size and shape. It’s like the 44 perfected. Thanks, YYF.

Raw Silver #94

About the casing, while I think it’s a great improvement over the other cases, the thing that actually holds the yoyo inside the case is just a plastic cardbox, so that’s a bit of a let down and could be improved a lot for the next releases.

I really loved the Ricochet, mine is dead smooth!
Haven’t gotten the courage to spark it yet, but once I get a ding on it somehow I’ll do it for sure.

Just a question to all of you elite guys (especially Yuki) with the Ricochet: Does sparking affect the ano on the blue one? Does it rub it off and expose raw metal? I’ve been thinking of picking one of these up. Looks like a nice organic throw!

I have a blue ricochet and I have sparked it. The worst of the damage is scuffs. No gashes, no chunks taken out, the ano just looks black from it burning every time it hit the sidewalk. A little bit of raw metal shows, but nothing crazy. Mine is still smooth as can be.

Here’s what mine looks like

I sparked it for the amusement of preschoolers :wink:

Has anyone had a case of DGS on theirs yet? (Death Grip Syndrome)

Shouldn’t happen with Ti.

Nope. I can take bearing off with just my fingers.

Ummm ok. Does anyone know if it is safe/recommended/a good ideo to use flowable silicone on a Ricochet? ???

I don’t own one, but I don’t think it will affect anything negatively if you put some Flowable Silicone in there. I’ve seen quite a few Ti yoyos with flowable , so it should be fine. Just make sure you do a good job.

I’ve hack sawed through titanium and let me say… It’s one of the most painful, tedious and time consuming tasks ever. Titanium is incredibly tough.

that sounds like something i would wish on the people requesting it.