YYF 888 or YYF Superstar?

Which of these yo-yo’s would be better? At this point, I have no preferences. Its whichever yoyo is better.

Well I would choose the Superstar over the 888 for my preference.

Superstar

Details

Quantity No item(s) available
Manufacturer YoYoFactory
Shape Butterfly / Wing
Weight (g) 68.00
Width (mm) 40.98
Diameter (mm) 56.52
Gap Width (mm) 5.01
Bearing Size (Inside x Outside x Width) .250 in x .500 in x .187 in
Gap Type Fixed
Stock Response System YoYoFactory Silicone Pad

Details

Quantity 5 item(s) available
Manufacturer YoYoFactory
Shape Butterfly / Wing
Weight (g) 67.80
Width (mm) 40.00
Diameter (mm) 50.00
Gap Width (mm) 4.85
Bearing Size (Inside x Outside x Width) .250 in x .500 in x .187 in
Gap Type Fixed
Stock Response System YoYoFactory Silicone Pad

I’ve had both. Hated the 888, loved the Superstar.

Would you rather have a Big yoyo or a small yoyo? Rounded or H shape?

having trouble? Go for what looks best to you. Both play wonderful.

I like the superstar better and I have both

SUPERSTAR FTW

I perfer the 888, but most people love the SS more.

i love the 888 and have never used a superstar but i get to in a few days.

The YYF 888 is unbeatable! The SS big yo feels like I’m slinging a dish…but the 888 is tight and smooth, so smooth. The SS is a good throw but when the money is on the table-throw an 888!

Get one of the new 65 gm skylines. Its the best of both worlds. Ive owned all three of the yoyos(superstar, skyline, 888). I like them all, but I definitely prefer the superstar and the skyline. Get the superstar if you prefer full sized, get the skyline if you prefer undersized. In my opinion, the skyline kills the 888. It spins longer and is more stable, but is still faster and more agile. Its often a little less smooth, but not in the sense that it vibes or anything. The superstar is fast for its size, super stable, and spins really long. It plays amazingly(without stacks, though its fun with stacks too), and is a beast for 5a.

Also, you never mentioned the DNA. The DNA is a full sized 888, but plays very differently. Its an amazing yoyo, and one of the smoothest throws Ive ever played, ever. Its fast and floaty, and is actually lighter(66g) than '09 and '10 888’s. But its pretty large, so if you dont like bigger yoyos it’s not for you.
Hope this helps.