ywet... string eater?

An analogy is not a direct comparison. It doesn’t matter if a car is “more serious” than a yoyo, the point to be taken from this analogy is the sentiment that one expects to get a quality product for their money. Yoyos may be toys, but as long as they cost hundreds of dollars I don’t think of them any differently than anything else I buy…nor should the companies selling those toys feel any less responsible for providing good customer service and a quality product.

1 Like

[quote=“throwrw,post:40,topic:41524”]
Yoyos are not cars so they can’t be compared to cars. Yoyos are not food so they can’t be compared to food. Yoyos are yoyos so I think it’s fair to compare them to other yoyos. Which other companies are currently releasing yoyos that cut your strings after a few throws?

1 Like

^ Well said.

I live in a country with a 3rd World economy, buying an Anti-yo would take about a quarter of my monthly salary. This is a big deal, especially when the product isn’t finished properly.

Hooray for China!

Well, this thread got heavy really quickly, but I am glad that my YWET is well loved with its new owner. :wink:

1 Like

Its filling the tank: I am fine with that, as long as I know to fill it. They don’t tell us to. Also the tank is coming empty. I would be ok with that too. Just put a giant label “rub down the yoyo, it needs maintenance”. If this was said on any page before buying the yoyo no one would have the right to complain because that literally means they didn’t read a single thing about the product. General Yo gives a warning that “its not just a toy, could by harmful” etc. and theres nothing even wrong with theirs. There is no justifying this. They made a FAULTY product. It does not compare to ANY other yoyo companies. If I was done with my DM2 after yoyoing for a month and bought one of these faulty anti-yos I would quit yoyoing if I didn’t come across this board. Like cmon. This is common sense guys. MANY customers are unsatisfied. I am sorry but there is no justifying. Slap in the face to the yoyo community.

This analogy is hilarious, but it’s also pointed and right on target. The insinuation on previous posts suggesting when you drop high dollars on a product it’s just “caveat emptor”, beware you may be getting a lot less then you are paying for, that’s bogus. If we drop a C note and a half we have the right to expect it to be one of the best yoyos we have ever held in our hand. I myself went back and forth on buying this or a CLYW Chief or Glacier Express. If you are going to run with the big dogs you had better be able to keep up. Otherwise, stay on the porch and drop your price.

Now, after saying all that I want to reiterate I am very happy with my Anti-Yo purchase. I’m not mad at anyone now. However I had to expend a lot of my own energy to get to that point. To follow dcs937’s analogy, I had to throw my order back on the grill before it was really edible.

Anyone who is dissatisfied with their Bapezilla.2s or Viszilla and are interested in trading, please drop me a pm. I may be interested in what you clearly are not.

1 Like

I second this… I got a few things to trade and money :slight_smile:

again, as for me, I am not dissatisfied…and I certainly am not looking to trade. dcs937?

Leather strop will do the trick.

Yeah, I’m sure that would work great! I just used the raw side of a leather coaster. I haven’t seen a leather strop in years. Where do you find one? In someplace like an old barber shop. My father’s 81 years old and even he never owned his own leather strop.

Uhm, to be completely honest with you, I’m not positive. You MIGHT be able to find one in a high end knife store because you strop knives to keep the blade nice. So, I’m not really positive on that one but any old genuine leather belt will work perfect:)

That’s the important distinction, a genuine leather belt. My father I just referred to, he bought a genuine leather belt when he was in high school. He still wears it.

Genuine is key. & Thats boss.

honestly yea I would trade my bape2… i have said many times I DO like the yoyo… Especially the way it looks… I am just scared to death of 2 things…
1: Eating another string which leads to-
2: messing it up with the leather belt, I have never done this mod before.

I did a thumb grind and it made a tiny mark on the <3 side effect and I also tried rubbing down the ano on the inside with my thumb instead of a belt. It helped a lot and you can’t tell but like…i could feel ano rubbing off. This happens on the whole yoyo before. I’m guessing anyone with an anti-yo knows what I’m talking about. Shoot me CLYW/ilyy/hspin offers. Not looking for anything crazy. Im cool with some dings.

As for my example with the restaurant… Wasn’t the best but I think you guys can tell where I was going. And as for dropping down big prices your right that it should be able to compete with the other companies doing the same. If you walk into an expensive restaurant you expect better food. Who wants a $100 dollar hamburger you have to help cook with the chef (fixing the unfinished yoyo that anti yo should have), with your own spatula (belt) with possibly lack of experience(me). Put a sign on the door(put a warning label with the yoyo packaging or make sure its on the website its being sold on) or customers will demand money back or complain as they had a right to(this thread). Lol.

Here’s my take on this: no, yoyos aren’t cars or electronics or whatever. But, when I pay for something, I expect to get what I pay for. If I buy a cheap product, I won’t expect quality. When I pay for a premium product, I want premium quality and premium customer service. If I buy a cheap car, it might not be of the best quality. But if I buy a Mercedes, I expect excellent quality and excellent customer service. The price level doesn’t matter. If I buy a Big Mac, I know what I’m getting. If it sucks, I know that I chose a low end product, and I deal with it. The manager might come out and apologize, but the owner of McDonalds isn’t calling me, ever. If I go to a really nice, expensive, elite restaurant, and I buy a Kobe steak, I know I’m getting superb quality. If not, the manager will come out and make it right. Immediately. If he doesn’t, the owner will. Paying a premium price means you should get premium service and satisfaction, PERIOD. If not, that business won’t be around long. If my steak is badly cooked, it’s not MY responsibility to cook it correctly when it arrives at my table.

Basically, it means that I might not get an apology and replacement from the CEO of Flambeau (the owner of Duncan) if I get a crappy $2.99 Imperial, but if I get a vibey $120.00 Skywalker, I know for a FACT that Heath Vizier will respond personally and make it right immediately.

(for the record, you won’t get a response from the Duncan CEO, but Brandon Jackson will always make things right. But I’m hoping you see what I’m trying to say)

Also, for whoever said that there’s no way every yoyo gets tested, I totally disagree. I know for a fact that Heath tests every single yoyo he makes before they ever reach a customer. So do many other companies (General Yo, G Squared, etc)

Tl;dr: if you pay for a quality product, you should get a quality product. And part of an owner’s responsibility is to stand up for his product and right any wrongs. No excuses.

2 Likes