Yozean Tidehunter and Other Cheap Titaniums

Has anyone tried this brand of titanium yo-yo? Tidehunter Lower price than most. Looks good. And would you get a raw? Polish or blasted?

What other top quality to-yo-yo that’s not like $400

I saw this and was about to get the raw. I did not order it yet because i am not sure how high the chances are that it will vibe like crazy or something like that

Some of their other throws look pretty cool, especially the Ravage.

Anyone have ANY info on the quality of these?

They said it’s TC4 titanium. Don’t know what that means.

Also this unknown brand. AHL. After Half Life. Wonder if it’s OEM.

1 Like

Do you know the name of the throw? Only thing i can find is the AHL epic(?)

Yozean is relatively new on the scene but apparently the person running it isn’t and from what I’ve seen folks like what they have been making and it’s been cheaper than most brands.

Yoyo apartment is a known brand. I’ve seen them in other shops. I’ve never heard of the AHL but both of these brands focus on the Asia and Europe markets so I’m not really as familiar with either being US based.

2 Likes

TC4 titanium is also known as Grade 5 or 6Al-4V. It is a fairly commonly used titanium alloy.

I think these low price titanium yo-yos can be made with out serious QC/performance issues if the design is relatively conservative.

5 Likes

I got a yozean bi metal for dirt cheap awhile back. Was smooth and up to par with most other stuff on the market I’d say. The edges were a bit sharp in some places and the finish felt like running ur nails against chalkboard. But the splash ano was insane for price and it was a competition bi metal. If ur thinking about it I say u got nothing to lose don’t expect RSO quality titanium and u should be good

1 Like

Someone posted their thoughts on the Tide Hunter here recently and had good things to say about it. Don’t have a link, but I imagine it was in the “what did you get in the mail” or “what are you throwing today” thread

1 Like

Could be:

2 Likes

Yozean is just a rebrand of r2fg which was formerly yoyoofficer so expect decent quality throws. Their low end destroyer lite however has some really poor qc and finish.

1 Like

Was the TiDehunter really introduced at $60? It looks like it’s $94 raw right now.

I like the 7075 destroyer quite a bit for the price, although it does have slight vibe and the aluminum “lip” juts out ever-so-slightly at the base of the steel rim. It gives the initial impression that it’s sharp (I might have even reported it that way at first), but I don’t think it could cut hands or string. The profile on the TiDehunter looks like that wouldn’t be an issue.

A raw version at 94 might be worth it, even with vibe, as the one you allow yourself to spark.

If enough reports come in that it plays smooth, it would start to get pretty tempting to spring for the polish or ano…

I’ve had the raw Tidehunter for some days. I want to write a longer review after playing it some more, but here are my first impressions.

First off, raw means raw. As in, you can still feel the machining lines. I won’t really notice it while playing, but it can be a strange feeling while handling the yoyo.
One of my halves is B grade because of some really small dings, probably from machining. The other half is absolutely flawless. To be fair, the small spots would probably go away if you sand and polish it, like in the polished version of the throw.

It has some fingernail vibe but feels completely smooth on the string. I think this is also because of the raw finish.

The shape feels really good in the hand.

The throw has way more power than you would expect just by looking at it, spins forever, and is really stable. This is probably because the middle wall is really thin titanium.

I just love how it plays… At the moment, it’s slowly becoming my fav just by the feeling alone. For me, it has the perfect amount of string presence but is also easy to maneuver. It gives me a weird feeling that the yoyo is getting lighter once you start moving it around, which I haven’t experienced with another throw to this extent yet.

If you want to get one, go for it. If you get the raw version, you can use it as an EDC beater and polish it later, that’s also my plan.

8 Likes

Hmmmm….

I mean…if you’re in the market for a titanium yoyo…how in the world could you go wrong. Honestly.

2 Likes

I would love to try one…but I can’t buy it through aliexpress in my country somehow. They won’t sell to me.

EDIT: Seems they have a website where they sell direct. I might get me one of these. An affordable titanium 5a yoyo sounds perfect.

1 Like

I bought it from the Yozean store and used the $20 shipping option. It took around 7 days to get to Germany, and I could pay the import fee online, so it was not stuck at customs.

3 Likes

I’m not, I’ve got plenty. But the price is good.

Lol I know u have a ton of yoyos. I was just “generally speaking”

1 Like