First Titanium Throw?

As the title says, Im looking to buy my first titanium throw and thought I would ask around and see what ya’ll thought a good option would be?

2 Likes

G2 and YYF have some excellent options. I really enjoy the ti triton and the metavity. I would recommend staying away from expensive ti like Mowl and TP. While they are fantastic and I love mine they don’t have any major performance increase over a standard $200-300 ti yoyo.

5 Likes

There’s a new Luftverk being dropped tonight $400 though.

1 Like

know where I can get the specs on it?

Idk my first titanium was a b grade catch 22 that I use to spark it’s not even all that good for that to be honest but it was fairly cheap for ti. Cheapest ti throw I’ve got is my tiny I got off of bst. Honestly ti isn’t really that much better than a good bi or hybrid or really just a solid mono Al. Unless your really into sparking or want something that can take a beating. I’m really interested in the ti Janus only because it’s also a worry coin and tossing it in my pocket without worry would be sweet.

But if you really want one there are a bunch of options out there just expect to pay a bunch.

2 Likes

Luftverk EXOS

Diameter: 54.2mm
Width: 45.3mm
Weight: 66.1g
Price: $400 USD

Limited Units: 50 pcs

5 Likes

I can recommend the Luftverk x CLYW Alpine. I guess it’s not to hard to track on down and I feel with it’s design the benefits of being made out of Titanium really shine through.

2 Likes

The Radius and Krown TI are both fricking nice. I would recommend the Delphinium too but I literally think i got the last one on sale on YYE and can’t find it anywhere else

4 Likes

Ari from Atmos and Wonder from YYR IS Pretty good. Espefially wonder is around 270-300 on bst now

1 Like

Titanic from yoyo is one of the lowest priced available titanium yoyos and its excellent.

6 Likes

Always go with either of these option:

1. Buy the first Ti that most people agree that is great like TP, Luftverk, YYR
  2. The cheaper option since you can easily sell it later if you don’t like it. Like: YoyoFriend, G2

Bonus: Organic is the safest option when it comes to first Ti but this does not apply to everyone’s preference.

3 Likes

The new Ti-Koi is really good. Also FPM the parent company of YYFRs makea most of the boutique Ti on the market, so they really have experience on what is great machining. This is also a great value for a new mint Ti as most are well over $300.

9 Likes

If you’re going for a Ti. Go all in on one you want. Don’t settle for one just to try titanium. Some are good, some aren’t

I saw the Ti Triton recommended - if you go that route get the production version. The small tweaks via the protos really polished that design nicely. It’s my favorite titanium to date.

6 Likes

The production ti Triton is good but I ended up parting with mine mainly because I really like the original and can’t stop buying them lol. However, the Triton sings and is incredibly maneuverable and is relaxed but can also be pushed… like the original. With that said, I personally prefer the Ti Albatross if I were to just get one titanium and call it good. Now that I’ve typed this out… I’m thinking about it :grimacing:

Edit: I would also add that I would try to find the one you like on the BST. It’s usually cheaper and you’ll have an easier time getting rid of it without losing a ton of money or losing out on a trade. The only times you’ll lose is if it’s a highly desired ano like the glass dust purple ti peak. I personally prefer raw titanium… so shiny.

1 Like

This is how I feel too, but I love my TiTriton

1 Like

I miss mine. But I do know the ti Pelican is in my future so I don’t feel too sore about it for now.

1 Like

Titanic. You will not bet it for the price. Get the rainbow blasted one.

3 Likes

Same here, stoked for that one

Stuff I’ve tried and rec thats available/tradable for

In terms of performance Ti:

• OG Wonder
  • Mustang/ES
  • ShaqShine FG Ti
  • Metavity (probably best bang for buck if you can find a b-grade)

Chill Ti:

• End Ti

Just something to keep in mind when buying a Ti yoyo: Most bimetals will out perform a Ti yoyo, however they are not indestructible nor will they shoot sparks or make a cool ‘ting’ noise. Now this changes once you go TiSS however with that usually you get a massive price bump.

2 Likes

If you’re down to do some bst work and don’t mind scratches, you could get a metavity on the bst for like 150-200. That’s how I got mine with a small scratch.

I now use it as my dedicated beater/sparker

1 Like