Yoyos that will never leave your collection

Lots of my yoyos have come and gone, but honestly the only safe ones are these four.

They all have sentimental value. I’ve had the avalanche and profly for about 8 years, and the Dark Magic and Hattrick for 10.

19 Likes

8 Likes

and
For sure.

13 Likes

I love the story about that Deep State!

2 Likes

I love that deepstate man, I think it’s beautiful symbolism for your mother. I’m glad you’ve found a welcoming community here that was willing to help assemble that; it just goes to show how yoyoing is way deeper for a lot of people than just using a toy.

10 Likes

Hey thanks a lot guys.
Not a day goes by that I don’t miss her :frowning:

10 Likes

If you asked about 6 months ago I don’t think I could have narrowed it down to less than five. This is a poor photo but if I had to get rid of all but one it’d be the Fatlip without a doubt.image

8 Likes

I will never be able to let these go.

7 Likes

The three in the frontimage

11 Likes

I don’t get rid of gifts, everything else has a price.
Clear Packaged Higby FHZ (1of6)
Killer Bee from Tom Van Dan Elzen
Tortoise Shell SB II from my Dad

12 Likes

Oooh I used to have a 5150 way back in the day

What’s the story with the Nobunaga?

5150’s should have got more love for it’s the group it was in. The Nobunaga was my first bimetal that actually played like how everyone said they should. That little guy is a blast. Also I love Sengoku’s branding. When I get my hands on a company’s first release I have a hard time letting them go. It’s fun to go back and play their old stuff after trying their new releases to see how their designs grow.

1 Like

I wouldn’t get rid of any of them! I love all my throws.

7 Likes

I’m not attached to any too much. The only one I dont think I would want to get rid of is my original butterfly from 9 years ago. That being said, if someone was trying out yoyoing and really wanted something to start on and I had none other to give them, I would give them the butterfly.

1 Like

My TK TomCat, an old Flying Camel, and a beautiful glittering green
Duncan Mg. Plus some other stuff i can’t list here because it would cause too much of a ruckus.
I forgot to add my star grade Flying V.

4 Likes

Never is a very big word. If facing desperate enough times, no possession is safe from the selling block. However, yoyos that would be the last to go are the ones where I have some personal connection. These are:
YYF Mutant DNA
Spintime Matador
Spintime Emprie
Melford Special
Custom Higby painted Freehand Pro
early Spinworthy fixed axle
OG Spin Dynamics Flow

3 Likes

Most of these, plus another case of fixed axles, and another small box of yoyos. And the ones I always carry in my bag :joy:

This fall I’m hoping to build a custom heirloom box to hold all of my “keepers”.

10 Likes

Nice collection! Is the top right a Hulk smash peak? Could I see a close up of it please?

2 Likes

Seems like nobody wants my Hawk, so probably that one. lol

8 Likes

Hold on…