YoYoRecreation Lucky Box

You’d think that if that were the case, Shinya would have sided with YYR seeing as how his brother owns the darn company! Whatever the reason is for the mystery boxes, I’m glad for their existence. It is a lot of YYR throws being pushed but I don’t think it’s quite enough for any real brand dilution. If anything, it’s a pretty good promotion for them with a lot more people talking about YYR now.

Yuki

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/158/329/9189283.jpg

1 Like

That’s cool. Honestly, I was expecting a 2-3 week wait, but I’m happy the the guys at YYR use such good shipping.

And the fact that it was free, coming all the way from Japan definitely helped me make my purchase. :wink:

can someone explain to me what’s going on xD ?? what’s the lucky box? where do I find those haha! im assuming you get something that you don’t know about?

1 Like

3 YYR yoyos for ~$200. Direct from YYR. Out of stock now though.

ohh :frowning: sad life… well, I heard of Spinworks mystery box, is that any good? it’s 40$ lol and how do you guys know when things like these come out? thanks!

Im sorry but i don’t understand your logic here. First you say that because of the mystery boxes are being sold at such a large quantity, they will dilute the forums with low priced Yoyorecreation throws. Which is completely true. Then you goon to say that this is bad (which i don’t disagree with. It is going to be tough for those who have bought yyr for full price to have their throws drop 100$ in value). But then you go onto say that you picked up 3 boxes to " help sell them out faster and provide people with awesome deals on the forums". Heres were i am confused at the point you are trying to make. You either are a.) going to sell the below the price you bought them for or b.) going to sell them at or above the price you got them for. If you are going with option a.) then you are doing something you said you previously hated. By selling YYR at way below there price point you are further decreasing their value and rarity. If you chose b.) then you are making some profit off of what your bought and are therefore a “scalper”. Im sorry but either way you are either labeling yourself as a hypocrite or a scalper (who you called scum). Im not trying to start a fight or anything but i really don’t understand your logic here.

Got my tracking. It’s invalid. Prolly hasn’t shipped yet. That’s just my luck.

Probably just waiting on the postie to come by and collect the parcels.

Yuki

Yeah I got
** There is a mistake in the number of digits for the item number. The number should be 11-13 digits.
when I checked mine

If the email you received has some Japanese symbols beside the tracking number, then it hasn’t actually left their store/warehouse yet. I translated the symbol when my tracking link still gave me the message saying my package can’t be found, and it meant something like invalid or unknown. Once I did get my tracking number the rest went pretty quick. It shipped two days ago from Japan and yesterday at 4:34 it was processed into the Chicago US Customs office. As long as it isn’t taken for inspection I should have my Lucky Box on Tuesday.

My invoice says that mine is up for delivery today! I hope one of my family is in to get it otherwise I’ll have to sit in traffic on the way to the post depot checking my watch every 2 seconds to make sure it hasn’t closed yet…

I think that the mystery boxes are a great way to get YYR into more American yo-yo playing hands. The drop in the Yen has made YYR much more affordable to American buyers. While these boxes may seem cheap to us, the price in Yen is not far from the wholesale price that YYR would get anyway.

I would anticipate new YYR models coming soon. Most likely, they will make the old one’s obsolete. This clears out inventory and gets YYR into the news as well as people’s collections. When new models arrive, the brand-awareness has been established to create even greater American sales.

1 Like

My tracking shows that my box reached the sunny (albeit chilly) shores of Sydney a few hours ago. Fingers crossed for a morning delivery. Goes without saying that there will be photos and maybe an unboxing video if my excitement doesn’t get the better of me.

Yuki

I got mine today. Here is what’s in it.

Gold Attune- has a couple of ano flaws, but I didn’t expect to get one of their newer throws.
Red/Green Splash DreadnoughtG- haven’t looked for ano flaws, but looks good. Way too big and heavy though. I have big hands, but anything over 68 grams makes my wrist pop when I throw a breakaway.
Pink StarGeyser- Looks perfect. Almost as flawless as the Sleipnir that I paid full price for a couple of weeks ago.

What day did yours leave Japan?

my lucky box is in New York right now. should get here in a couple days, Friday at the latest. i cant believe its in New York and it was shipped out of Japan yesterday! cant wait!

WHERE DO U BUY THESE?!?’

No where anymore. But try to think where the most likely place is that you’d buy a bunch of yoyorecreation yoyos from, and you’re probably correct.

:(((((((( their site is out :(((((((