YoYoRecreation Lucky Box

I am about to pull the trigger! Stop me please!!!

I just got oneā€¦DO IT. :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to be my first YYRs. Extremely excited, getting a YYR has been a long time goal of mine, and I finally have the money saved up, to not only get one, but THREE.

While I love these YYR mystery boxes and enjoy purchasing them I feel like by having these so often the market value for these will decrease heavily I feel. I think while these are great deals they shouldnā€™t have them as frequently as they are at this point. Maybe a few times a year but a few every month is going to only hurt the resale value of these. Iā€™m glad we are all getting the opportunity to own these amazing throws for such a good price.

1 Like

It kind of makes me mad though. People are getting these and then posting one for 130$ Saying ā€œBrand new a grade yyr almost half price!!!ā€ when in reality, they are getting 2 for 35$ each. yet these people know, like you said, the value is now decreased. There are quite a few of these, and at 3 in each, that is probably well over 75-100 sold at this price.

Iā€™m all for these mystery boxes but every month is too much and will slowly depreciate the value of these

Do your part and donā€™t purchase them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I ordered 3 days ago and as of yesterday I hadnā€™t received a shipping confirmation. I emailed them last night (technically it was this morning) and told them I had spoke to many people who ordered the same day I did and they had received their shipping confirmation and tracking number, but I hadnā€™t. I then said I understood they are very busy with the Japan Nationals coming up, and any estimate of when my order would ship will be appreciated. About an hour later I checked my email and they had sent the shipping confirmation with the tracking number. My Lucky Box left Japan this morning. ;D

I think they are trying to move older product and discontinued models. I doubt anybody will pay $100 for a used YYR now that these are circulatingā€¦ But $80-$90, maybe. I think you will see more swapping between two people who both got the lucky boxes than anything else.

I emailed them like one or two days ago and have yet to get a reply for my tracking number. And Iā€™ve checked my spam folder too.

Wait, where does one get that kind of deal?

This is hypothetical. If one buys a lucky box and parts it out this is a potential situation (if you find buyers).

If they buy the box, sell one for $130, you are at a loss of $60 with two yyrs, so you technically got two for that price.

Oh, okay. Makes sense now. I was like, ā€œWOAH, where can I get that deal, link please!ā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

I JUST ordered my mystery box from the guys at YYR!! ;D ;D

So, my question for the people out there that have already received theirs, is how long did your package take to ship to where you live?

Mine took a week.

1 Like

The lucky box. Youā€™re basically getting each yoyo for $65. Heā€™s saying if you sell oneā€¦ You get the idea.

I think i was one of the first to order the mystery boxes way back on April 4th, pretty sure i made everyone aware in the YYR thread and started this whole thing. Honestly i enjoy them, but at the same time iā€™d be curious to know what their long-term plan is. I can see the 4/4 box making sense, moving some older models and clearing out inventory for yoyo day in Japan, even the A- box made perfect sense as itā€™s tough for us to get B-grade/Outlet/A- YYRs here and the states, and they usually sell for Y6,500 in Japan anyway, so the box was right in line with typical YYR prices. With the Yen decreasing so much, YYRs were already starting to sell more and more and i doubt they would have had any trouble moving them. Iā€™m not sure what the most recent box is all about though, i ordered 3, and even a few days apart thereā€™d been 30 or so orders placed between mine, which is A LOT of YYRs being shipped out. I wonder if theyā€™re at all worried about brand dilution. As much as we all love YYR, there is something to be said about rarity/hype/prestige when it comes to owning and collecting throws. When every kid can buy a YYR for $60 on the forums, it sorta seems wrong, though it would never stop me from playing and enjoying them.

Anyway, i suggest everyone a) make sure any YYR you buy or trade for on the B/S/T is what you think it is. i.e. A- grade vs A grade. A- sounds nice and all, but i have every reason to believe that A-, B, and outlet are all the same with YYR, which doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re bad, in fact theyā€™re great in most cases, it just means you shouldnā€™t overpay. Iā€™ve already seen 2 people listing A- throws in their B/S/Ts with no mention of that, which is of course wrong. And b) donā€™t pay over $100 for any YYR in the B/S/T unless itā€™s rare and was purchased at or near full price in the first place. Scalpers are scum, and i was hoping by picking up 3 boxes iā€™d help them sell out quicker and be able to provide people with awesome deals here on the forums, but theyā€™re still going strong, so hopefully the prices will self-regulate just based on volume alone.

I suspect this is either YYR moving to a direct sales system and cutting out the middleman, because of course you gotta remember YYR was probably selling direct to stores for half of retail price already, so selling to us for such discounts doesnā€™t actually change their margins much, plus people still buy the rare and beautiful models for full price from their store anyway, or this is them clearing out inventory, although i havenā€™t seen any new recent proto runs or heard of new throws, so i think weā€™ll have to wait until Japan Nats and Worlds to see what their team is throwing. If theyā€™re all throwing production models then the former is the most likely option.

My hunch is that this is actually slightly more drama-filled than it seems. I think YYR selling direct for such prices is hurting stores like the one that wonā€™t be named, and perhaps that even had something to do with Shinya leaving the team. Super curious where this all leads to, but in the mean time iā€™ll throw and enjoy YYR and try to help others enjoy them as much as possible as well.

ā€” Oops.

I was rather curious as well. Iā€™m loving the fact that they exist, but I always wondered what YYR had to gain from the lucky boxes. Perhaps they had stock that werenā€™t moving or they werenā€™t getting enough people buying directly from them or somethingā€¦

Either way I donā€™t think that more people being able to get YYRs is a bad thing. Heck it convinced me to finally pull the triggerā€¦ :smiley:

NathanC went #SherlockHolmes/#DoomsdayConspiracist/#ScoobyDooGang overnight. LOL