YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Has anyone heard anything from the folks at YoYoRecretion that would indicate they are planning to release an anodized version of the Lazer ?

I’ve heard nothing, nor read anything that would make me think that’s being planned, so I’m just wondering why there are folks who are waiting for the anodized version of this YoYo.

Just asking…

I’m not sure, but except for prototypes and the Dazzler (well, titanium doesn’t need to be anodized), there has always been anodized of every yoyo produced. Therefore, expecting an ano’ed version of the Laser seems totally legit.

Well they did it with the Draupnir, so unless there’s some machining tolerance that won’t work with ano on the Laser i suspect they’ll be made sooner or later.

Fair Enough, I hope you are both correct.

I would love to grab an anodized version myself. I’m hoping that they release them sooner than later.

How many Dazzlers were made…total, both runs, anyone know?

I’m waiting for the Laser in black anno. I wish I waited for the Draupnir in the blasted black version. Since this looks like the new direction, I expect they will make more runs of the Laser for a little while here, and we’ll see some ano choices.

That is BEAUTIFUL. Flip…

Taka from spin gear said about 100

Not to derail too much, but in line with what Nathan posted up, here’s a pic of some of the Trump colourways:

Looks like I’ll be breaking my “no new yoyos” resolution very soon…

I really hope the first Laser they release with ano is blasted because I can only wait so much longer. Especially if the exchange rate takes a nose dive…Lasers have already gone up like 50 cents since yesterday! Sadly they probably won’t be blasted, but I can dream. The black blasted Draupnir is what got me to give in and try YYR in the first place and the finish is just so heavenly.

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,70799.0.html
If anyone could help it would be great! :slight_smile:

Dear JPY,

Please stop.

Sincerely,

Me

The more I look at the black Draupnir, the more I wish I had waited until they were released. Don’t get me wrong, I love my tempered rims one, but that black… flip…

Can’t bring myself to drop all that money on another one though.

why don’t sell your tempered rim one then?

Got both a Fragment and Uragment now, I’m honestly surprised how different they feel. Uragment is really fast and easily feels like the lightest modern yoyo I own (which it is). On pops, suicides, etc it seems to float in the air. The Fragment is just as fast but it has a much more solid feel to it and really feels like a lot of normal 64-66g yoyos (closest all around comparison would be to the Quake). I don’t really note much of a difference in the shape of the catch zone but I’ve gotta say that the Fragment feels just a bit more comfy to me. They both play fantastically, the Uragment feels unlike anything else I’ve thrown and in the little I’ve thrown my Fragment so far I’d put it alongside the Messiah as “best undersized yoyo”, with the Fragment having quite a bit less heft than the Messiah.

I was honestly expecting them to play about the same, letting me easily sell one. Failing that I thought I’d be able to just keep the one that I thought played better but they really play different enough that at this point I don’t see myself letting either go.

Also, since I’ve seen some debate on the weight of these two yoyos, this is what my scale says:

Fragment - 61.31g
Uragment - 60.28g

Anyone with a Laser/Lazer want to write a few sentences about it?

Sure! Solid, but in a nice way, i usually don’t like anything over 65/66g, and even that’s pushing it, but the Laser feels really nice, up there with the PerfectStar, Yeti, and a few others as far as being on the heavier side but totally enjoyable and pleasing. Feels amazing in the hand, super easy to throw cleanly, narrow, but not extremely so and i’ve never noticed it during play. Powerful spin, really powerful, returns like a DreadnoughtG, just goes forever. It’s a really great counterpoint to the Draupnir. At first i was hoping they were going to release something like a bi-metal Uragment, and i still am, but i’m actually glad they went a bit heavier as it gives a great variety and different feel to their offerings.

Thanks, great! Is it fast, slow or medium paced? I’m guessing stability is top notch, or?

If you had to pick one…
Draupnir or laser?

Draupnir…All Day Long.