YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

There’s no reason I can think of, machining or otherwise, that would cause the Dazzler to be $650. Just seems like YYR knows that some people will pay it, so that’s what they’re going to charge.

Gotta be honest, having bought a Draupnir way back on June 6th, and YYR having not released anything new since, i haven’t bought a new yoyo in nearly 4 months and it feels amazing lol. That said i do want to know YYR’s plans, if there are any, hard to believe they’d go from a line-up of 10-15 models to just one + $$$$$ Dazzler… More bi-metals would be nice.

This is agreed.
I’d like to see them broaden their horizons with Bi-metals.
6061,7075,Ti,Brass,Steel, and there’s just so much to work with.
Also styles of weighting. Like the Draupnir, the rings are outside, or rings on the rim inside( Like the anglam) or have the rings in the middle, like a phenom, or rings like in the trigger,
So much can be done!

$650 for us mere mortals is money well spent if each Dazzler is serial numbered, comes with a Pelican case, and perhaps some guy who could teach me how to throw properly in the first place.

What i’d think they’d do is expand on the Draupnir design.
Probably make like 3 other models, and make 3 different models of each of those.
And then release a cheap(er) Dazzler out of 7075 just to keep customers happy and then release variants of that.

As far as materials go, i don’t think YYR would stray far from 6061, 7075, or titanium.
With that being said, i’ll gladly pay big bucks for a TiDraupnir.

Yeah, I would love to hear the reason(s) behind all of this.
I have been wondering (to myself) what the heck is going on at YYR? There have been some hints at a falling out and all; but the reality is that YYR has gone from being a major manufacturer that supplied almost all the throws for Asian competitors and retailers; to a small boutique manufacturer. What was once a wide variety line of 10+ fabulous, models; is now one (with another rumored).

What the heck happened to take it from such a large, successful manufacturer to a relatively small one? Why abandon all the old models altogether? Why take a successful company with successful products; and re-invent it?

I’m all verklempt! Talk amongst yourselves…

I just took a god look at the dazzler. It looks like a Titanium fragment x Stardust.

Stardust shape, and thinned out fragmentcup. Anyone else see it?

i want to see it i cant find pics anywhere

Go to yoyonews

Or just go back a page.
My post.

If it is a limited run, and R&D Costs were high, this could be the extra cost…

True, but it’s not like the design is all that extreme. Yeah they’re using titanium, but the folks at YYR definitely know how to design a yoyo. If anything, I would’ve thought the Draupnir to be more expensive from an r&d standpoint.

Like you said Links, I think it’s because they know that people will (and did) buy them that they charged so much. I mean look at the claim they made:

I mean what kind of a claim is that? It seems to be that 90% of recent Titanium yoyos made looks good and would perform well for competative play.

Just look at the profile of the Ti-Walker

Low walls, rim weighted, looks good… and came out years ago.

Shame, I was looking forward to the Dazzler being my first Titanium but I just couldn’t justify that kind of money. That little 63g weight was a put-off as well…

@Gambit, if you’d understand, the quote was written from folks who’ve never heard of VsNYYC, and quite a number of American yoyo manufacturers for that matter.

What bums me out is that YYR has been all secretive of a sudden. Not wanting to release specs ahead (i had to hear it elsewhere), crazy prices (it’s not like we’re dealing with unobtanium here), and it seemed to me that they have no roadmap laid out ahead. No one knows what they’re going to do next.

Does that make them more or less ignorant? I mean if they’re claiming it’s the first ever full-Titanium yoyo, shouldn’t they do a bit of research first? Surely they’ve heard of the Sovereign, or Ricochet, or any of the 4 titanium models Oxy has made?

I was able to buy a Ti Walker, retail, for $200 and it’s one of the best yoyos I’ve played. Without further info from YYR, I see this as nothing more than price gauging.

The value of a product is what people are willing to pay for it. It’s not gouging to set a high price for a luxury item. If the market can’t support the price, then it will not sell, and the price will be lowered or the item discontinued. As it is, it has already sold out.

I’m happy that I got one, and it was crazy expensive. With the bad exchange rate, and the shipping it was $710.54 USD. Is it worth it? Well, to me it was. I have the money and wanted the yoyo. Is it worth almost 10x the Z-On I bought direct from YYR for $75? Not from the perspective of play. But I am in part a collector, and I wanted this yoyo and had the means to get it. I was not alone. It sold out last night while I was getting mine.

I would have been much happier paying $350 for it. Even happier still paying $200 for it.

Links, I’ll give you $200 for your TiWalker right now. You’re probably not going to sell it because it is worth more than that to you. How about $350? How do YOU put a price on it?

I mean hey, if it’s worth it to you, all the power to you. I didn’t really expect the Dazzlers not to sell out. I mean a limited run from arguably the best Japanese manufacturer? I’m sure there were some fistfights in Japan over the last few :smiley:

Obviously YYR has it figured out. They know their influence in the yoyo community is strong and their constant strive towards competitive, top of the line yoyos is always a crowd pleaser. Unfortunately I’m not at a financial point in my life where dropping $700 on a single yoyo is justifiable haha, perhaps a bit later.

Yoyos are worth what people will pay for them. I’ve seen two people selling the exact same yoyo in the exact same condition on the BST yet their prices are $50 for different reasons, sentimental or otherwise.

Haha despite $350 being more than a fair offer, I’ll have to pass. There are some yoyos I just can’t put a price on simply because I don’t intend for them to be leaving me anytime soon. My Ti Walker, for example, is one I don’t plan to part with. My mom passed away 2 years ago courtesy of sweet lady cancer. I purchased the Ti Walker as part of an eBay charity auction where 100% of the proceeds went to the American Cancer Society, so I guess one could say I have a bit of an emotional attachment to it. Besides that, I know it would be near impossible to find another one haha.

I’m sorry to hear about your mom. I’ve lost a lot of people close to me. It is hard for sure.

BTW - that is the best reason not to sell. Keep that yoyo! You will regret it the rest of your life if you let it go.

Just wanted to pop in here and say that for $700 you could get an s.kon vektor

Really? Where can I do that?

I can’t even find a google link to an “s.kon vektor” or any variation similar. What is this vektor you speak of?