YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Completely agree, both in regards to the massive thanking of YoYoGeezer and in just how good the Sleipnir is. It’s one of those throws that is exactly as good as everyone says it is, plays like an absolute beauty. =D

Also, Dat Draupnir! bites lip

For those of you who are waiting for the colored body models, apparently Kengo is running into production issues and delivery is pushed back to mid October.

For the quality of the YoYo you’ll be getting, waiting a few weeks is a small price to pay.
Besides, you certainly do NOT want them to rush anything.

I am happy to wait. I am a little cash poor these days, and am leading an investment group in buying a non-yoyo related business, so the later the better for me right now.

If it wern’t for Yoyogeezer helping me “give my foot a push” I never would have become a YYR fanboy. Never mind buying a Sleipnir as my !st!

[online yoyo store link removed]

Poor form and against forum rules to link to other stores.

vegabomb

20$ to heat the steel rims??? These are crazy!

Cool to see another finish new (as far as I’m aware) to yoyoing used.

I don’t mind raw stainless steel, but not a fan of raw aluminium so would still love to see some annoed versions. Hopefully the price doesn’t get up to $240 for annoed and tempered versions. That takes it a fair bit beyond the reasonable $200 price point.

Also just noticed from the pics on the YYR website that the Draupnir actually has quite a high wall for a YYR. Weird to see that change in design, especially when much of the industry has seemingly followed YYRs past example of minimising the wall as much as possible.

lol is this a joke? When’s the last time YYE had Draupnirs for sale? Never. Not exactly a competing store. Hopefully everyone here knows where to find them if they want them though.

Looks like the tempered rims add about $20 or so to the price which more or less puts it in line with YYR’s usual pricing scheme for fancier-than-run-of-the-mill colourways.

Yuki

Anyone here interested in a YYR Dreadnaught, it’s raw and MIB.

:frowning:

I agree that YYR should do it right. But we are talking about YYR …right? This is a company that has produced large quantities of high quality throws before and should have these things worked out previously. Yes there are always hiccups in production; but the slow production should, at least, make up for fit/finish issues.

That YYR is having any problems is a bit disturbing to me. I sure hope that this is not some sort of achilles-heel to this design. The Draupnir is such an awesome, insanely-fabulous throw. Lets hope that the production proceeds smoothly soon.

… Dazzler? …Dazzler? …sigh

No, not a joke. Please read the rules of the forum when you have a sec.

So,

Maybe we got some bad information? Or, I misunderstood? I guess that only the colored ones are delayed?

I see Draupnir’s for sale right now. Silver with tempered rims. Get them while you can at your nearest forbidden-to-post url :slight_smile:

I’ve just got some news from my “middle-woman”.
It appears that only a very, very limited run of the Dazzler would be made, retailing for about $650. And apparently, only for sale in Japan.

For those of you who wanted to know what the specs are:
Weight - 63g
Diameter - 54mm
Width - 41mm

@YoyoGeezer, i was referring to the Draupnir’s body. Colored versions of that aren’t available yet.

Will the Dazzlers be for sale at the manufacturers site? Hoping to get one.

Also, does anyone know if there are definitely colored Draupnirs coming? I topo am not a big fan of raw aluminum.

Dazzler’s going to be available at a certain Malaysian yoyo store soon supposedly - $654. lol no thanks.

@NathanC, yeah they contacted me about it and now that the price has increased $150 from what we originally heard, no thanks for me.

Agreed, it was a ridiculous price anyway, let along throwing another $150.00 onto it. I’ll pass.

Well $500 is not unprecedented. Oxygene have released a few Tis around that price range and they’re not as popular a brand as YYR.

But $650 takes it to a whole new level. Even then, if YYR are only sticking to a very small run they’ll probably still sell out.