Yoyo Keepers

On larger BST posts I always wonder which yoyos didnt leave the collection (and why)? Please share your downsized collections!

2 Likes

Here’s a handful that I’ve kept through a few collection purges, definitely not an exhaustive list though. Tried to not just gush over the same 20 yoyos we collectors love grumbling over (think markmont classic, OG 888, that kinda stuff).

Unprld Recognition, one of my favorite monometal releases over the years, just a very well balanced throw, plays a bit on the heavy side which I like.

YYF Protostar, god I love yyf plastics (any die-nasty fans?), this and the northstar are both amazing yoyos, I just like the color of my protostar more. Everyone should try some plastics at some point.

Unspoken Artemis, quite a slept on release, but this is still my one of my go-to bimetals after all these years. I love everything about this yoyo from its appearance to how it plays.

YYR FYFO (& SYFO below it), YYRs yoyos from oregon series resulted in two very unique yoyos. I consider myself a tiny bit of an oldhead with my yoyo tastes, and so both the FYFO and the SYFO are two yoyos I can always pick up and enjoy. SYFO is my favorite of the two, but definitely the most polarizing.

Knot Creators Icewoof, I bought this on a whim after joining the throwers discord server, and I was very impressed. The Icewoof is a bimetal that has great stability and spins forever, and I really like the finish on it too. While you can push it quite fast, the Icewoof’s strength in my eyes is its slow and consistent nature, which makes this yoyo great to learn tricks on.

YYF Titanium Dream, my first Ti yoyo, and now a beater that I really love. Has gone through some abuse over the years, but this (and the aluminum dream) still hold up VERY well.

YYR Sleipnir, the best performance monometal yoyo ever released. The exception to my “same 20 yoyos we collectors gush about rule”. This yoyo is the truth.

10 Likes

Actually I kinda don’t like yyf plastics, they don’t really do it for me. I tried the Protostar a little while, now I got an counter attack (wich is sort of a follow up on the protostar) and a Daydream. All 3 of those are pretty okay in quality I guess, but I just can’t enjoy them.
I also had a yyf One at some point, which I thought was horrible.

BTW I’m trying to sell these right now, in another thread.

I got a hybrid fulvia on the way, let’s see how I like that one.

1 Like

Thank you! Interesting you choose fyfo/syfo, I hear theyre seen as mediocre throws but different people, different tastes. Otherwise nice choices (Gotta be a plastic in there, best material imo)
Gonna have to look into the Icewoof/Artemis now

Protostar is good but too vibey for me and it has a sticky surface which is bad for grinds (Injection molding I guess)

1 Like

Fyfo is great imo! Like easily top 20 for me out of 200 throws I’ve had

1 Like

Its probably because of the price tag then (that people say it mediocre)

1 Like

Why ask for peoples opinions on throws then give your own opinion on it when you’ve never thrown it :crazy_face:. I got mine for $70 def nothing to do with a pricetag

It isnt my own opinion as ive never thrown it, so I cant say if its a good yoyo. My opinion is that a monometal can never perform 150$ though

Idk I can think of plenty of throws that cost that much that the FYFO is better than. Honestly every TI I’ve ever had is on that list

1 Like

I understand the reason the price is so high, but I still would never buy either at retail, but the FYFO and SYFO were great pickups off the bst for me :smiley:

2 Likes

FYFO and SYFO are perfectly good but suffer from being over-priced at retail. If I did not know the price I would have been quite happy with the yo-yo. The price, however, made me feel differently.

2 Likes