YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

which one should i keep
http://i.imgur.com/qH6bNog.jpg

The one with the fish half :slight_smile:

Just in case anyone isnā€™t aware, the WYYC are now available. Might pick up a Quilin myself and see if it really can compete with a Sleipnir. ;D

So, I did exactly that and Iā€™ve been playing with my Qilin a lot over the past couple of days.

First things first, is it as good as the Sleipnir? No. However letā€™s face it, if it wasā€¦ itā€™d make every other all-aluminium yoyo on earth somewhat obsolete, as well as the Sleipnir itself at like 3 times the price.

That being said, the only real edge that the Sleipnir has is a lighter feel and quicker play. The Qilin plays like a heavier, slower Sleipnir (it is by no means slow, but compared to the ridiculous speed of the Sleipnir, it just cannot keep up), but the performance and stability is all there. Iā€™d compare it more to a Gleipnir, although with the sharpness of the Sleipnir shape.

Really Iā€™m surprised these havenā€™t gotten more hype. Blows the socks off pretty much everything else in that price range, especially considering it comes with a Dif-E-Yo KK. Looks sensational as well, and I love the blast on itā€¦ itā€™s also smooth and vibe-less, which is a pleasant surprise.

All in all a great purchase, and I can imagine Iā€™ll be throwing this for many a day to come. This has definitely convinced to me pick up some more Rebellion models. ;D

Heck, for a competition set, you could get 3 of these bad-boys for under $170ā€¦ thatā€™s a great deal right there.

Thanks Gambit, this is great to hear. I just got my first Sleipnir and I love it. My favorite single metal throw. Ill have to pick up a Qilin.

the only reason i havent got one is color options. green, gold, or even better purple unicorn

Picked up a Qilin and a Fay this week. Impressions: Qilin is incredibly fast and stable, like my Nobunaga without the extra momentum, weighty feel, or price. I can land other tricks more easily on almost every other yoyo than the Qilin though, because it feels so fast. I really love how it plays, but at my current skill level and with my slow reflexes I donā€™t feel like I can give it justice.

The Fayā€¦ I expected more. Itā€™s huge, bigger than the Replay, almost as big as the Gargantua. Feels stable on account of its size, but spin time/power was lacking and it doesnā€™t have a ton of rim weight. Side caps weigh about 10.8g. Each. I give YYR credit for designing a great vibe-free bearing seat and bearing area, and the Fay is a nice beginner yoyo due to its size and slow speed, but when compared to the OneStar, Classic, Speedaholic, and Replay Pro itā€™s a step below all of them.

Man, they got me. Now I want a Sleipnir as well.

1 Like

I got one their Acro yo-yoā€™s and am very pleased with it. It is a fantastic yo-yo for the price and any price for that matter. It is the design of the Acrophobia in 6061. Flawless production and blast and very good performance. All in all, a super value especially when compared with the competition.

In the same box, I scored one of the new Triads. I had thought the OG Triad was the perfect plastic/metal until I received the new, slightly heavier, Triad. Yes, Virginia - they can make the Triad better. The new one packs more performance while sacrificing little, if any speed and agility. The new Triad is super-stable and has a spin to rival anything fro the YYR Bi-Metal stable. In short - this is one of the best yo-yoā€™s out there - made of anything - for any price. If you have an OG Triad, the differences are great enough to justify this as a separate purchase.

Get a New Triad. You absolutely will not be disappointed.

On another note, they seemed to have ā€œrestokedā€ another batch of Dazzlers and Seventh Heaven Ti throws. They must have sold out in like 30 secondsā€¦ >:(

This whole YYR production issue is really starting to be a drag on my enjoyment of YYR. While I am mildly aware of the concept of scarcity and all that; I am becoming apprehensive of the chances of getting anything new from YYR. How will I ever get a Valkyrie when everything is bought-up before I even get to see the store page? How will YYR make Sputnikā€™s while satisfying the insatiable appetite for Draupnirs? When will they fit the Valkyrie into that schedule? New models?.. You see where this is going.

It would be more enjoyable if Yoyorecreation could get their production into better alignment with the market. Either they could get more capacity, or stop releasing new models before the old model has been absorbed by the market. Is there such a thing as a ā€œhigh endā€ Chinese machine shop? Or, is that an oxymoron?

1 Like

Silly question, but does anyone know where the best place would be to get updates on restocks for YYR throws? Iā€™m looking to get a draupnir and I know they sell out fast, so just wondering whatā€™s a reliable place to check for update news. The YYR website updates, but it seems to just their own online store and not if their are restocks for other stores i.e. Yoyoaddict. Is there any one general place to get information or do I need to go to each individual supplier website and check?

Thanks!

I would say follow YYR and their retailers on twitter and enable notificationsfor these accounts?

Couldnā€™t agree more. Itā€™s amazing. Spins forever. Mine is really smooth. Itā€™s been my daily carry since it showed up a couple weeks ago.

Thanks! Do you know all the retailers that YYR sells to?

If youā€™re looking for a Draupnir, Iā€™ve got one for sale!

Behold my Yoyorecreation collection! I absolutely love this company, and itā€™s amazing yoyoā€™s :D. Post you YYR collection :wink:

1 Like

Whatā€™s the general opinion of the Messiah? Iā€™m buying one hopefully for around Ā£50 soon and I might get a blink too.

Iā€™ve been considering a plastic from yyr and been looking at the Golyat for quite some time. I was just curious what is it supposed to be designed after?

44clash

Is that right? I have a Golyat and it looks like a Delrin Sleipnir. What makes it a 44 Clash? The smooth inner-cup?

The oversized 59 mm diameter

Doh! I just realized I am thinking of the Re-Clash. My bad. Thanks for setting me straight.