YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Sputnik plays very similar to Blink to me. Strong spin, slightly better stability and much better open hub for finger spins (even though raw+engraved on Sputnik makes finger spins much worse). I personally prefer the feel of Blink in my hand, but as far as play, I think Sputnik is definitely a (small) upgrade. I’m still hoping we see anodized or blasted versions eventually.

Small? That’s disappointing. If it matched the play of the e=mc2 I would be happy. The blink didn’t spin long or stable enough by a small margin. If it can match the spin time of the e=mc2 I would be stoked. But for the price, a small blink upgrade just isn’t worth it.

YYR sold a limited edition 66g Sputnik. If you can find one of those, I think it would be better for your tastes, although I don’t think people will be letting theirs go anytime soon :stuck_out_tongue:

So I found a Dreadnought for $80. It has one small ding on it that apparently does not cause any vibe. My question is would this be a good first YYR? or should i save up my money and wait for something newer to come in stock?

I would get it if I were you.ive heard great things about it.

New yoyorecreation rebellion line yoyo’s. I’m interested in the Qilin and Dread :wink:

http://yoyonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/11779927_10154062979089112_5214543911730438896_o-600x313.jpg  Liliputian ¥4480 / $36 USD The Liliputian is an undersized model, something we don’t see a lot of lately. Available first in light purple and black.

Qilin ¥6480 / $52 USD The Qilin is based on the YoYoRecreation Sleipnir, giving players a shot at similar performance for a much lower price.

Dread & Dread G – ¥8800 / $70 USD With a 62mm diameter, the Dread is modeled after the YoYoRecreation Dreadnought, a cult classic among yoyo players. The Dread G version is heavier, weighing in at 80 grams for players who want something that solid and stable.

That DreadG will be a killer on accidental bind! Haha!

Yeah, this line of yoyos looks great. I’d like to give the Qilin a try, too. I wonder if they’ll do a Rebellion version of the Fragment. The Frag. Haha!

I like the way you think Greg, a fragment-esque throw would be sick :slight_smile:

Is it just me or is the liliputian a little reminiscent of the messiah?

I think the liliputian is more reminiscent of the stardust v2

What does everyone think of the new plastic known as the Gargantua? Looks like a giant diffusion(as if the diffusion wasn’t already big). There are pictures of it on YYRs website as well as a video of Iori Yamaki tearing through his worlds semi-final routine with one. These should be releasing at worlds along with the new rebellions.

They have essentially said, “It’s a big ol’ Diffusion”. So yes, that is a correct guess. :slight_smile:

I’d love to give it a go! Diffusion 2 was great, and the YYF Plastic Dream is a large plastic that turned out to be good fun! Take Diffusion 2 awesomeness and put it into that larger size? Yes, please!

New Titanium:

http://yoyorecreation.jp/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/SeventhHeaven.jpg

New Bimetal:

New/Revised Triad:

^ They say they’ve lowered the price as well as improved it. :slight_smile:

Special Edition Draupnir:

It’s a good day to be a Yoyorecreation fan… and a bad day to be a wallet.

Clear Triad looks so good!

I’m more hyped about this, introducing the Fay.

(Borrowed from YoyoNews)

Retailing for just ¥1980 (about $16 USD), the FAY appears to come stock with a half-spec bearing for responsive play, and can easily be fitted with a full-width bearing for unresponsive play. The shape looks great for beginners or advanced players, and at this price point the FAY could be a huge hit for Yoyorecreation! This is also the first Yoyorecreation yoyo to use side caps (yay, side caps!) and they are actually designed to be easily removable. Perfect for customizers!

Sounds like a YYJ Classic killer to me. Could be interesting for 3A as well with a normal bearing.

This is what I’m most hyped about:

https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/11794423_10154076844084112_3076127693711917983_o.jpg

1 Like

Is the Valkyrie just a smaller Draupnir?

Oh god, I guess I’m gonna have to get one…

Those are just gorgeous

Aw man

Lol the untouchable yyr ano

Oh man I know it’s messy, but that one on the right is GORGEOUS! :o