YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

I doubt it. Probably come with the normal DS bearing. If so, it is already a pretty darned good bearing!

It comes with an 8 ball NSKDS

I got an Acro just last week. In a nutshell, it is quick, quiet, and comfortable in the hands. Itā€™s wide profile really make slacks, tech, and whips more manageable. IT really is a fun yoyo to play with. If the other rebellion yoyoā€™s plays like this, than I just might get the whole line up :smiley:

Asian Pacific releases. There are blasted Acros as well, but theyā€™re the same colour so I didnā€™t feel like they were worth including in the pictures.

That Draupnir is gorgeousā€¦

Omg that pastel green diffusion. dies

Nah man, orange is where itā€™s at. Same with that orang butcher. Itā€™s so pretty.

I got a yellow Golyat a few hours ago from AP2015. For some reason I had the impression that the Rebellion line was all aluminum but the Golyat is actually machined from delrin - a nice surprise when I saw it at the counter. The hub in the middle (where the flag is located) appears to be aluminum(?) and isnā€™t a sticker like I initially thought it was. Also, the Golyat uses spacers so keep that in mind if youā€™re planning on getting one.

First impression is that it plays really nicely. Itā€™s nimble, stable and incredibly smooth. Its smoothness is comparable to many of my higher-end aluminum yo-yos. Being a fan of yo-yos with a diameter of about ~55mm, I was initially worried that I wouldnā€™t like the 59mm-diameter Golyat but after throwing it after a while I got used to it and had no problems adjusting. The hollow cup also looks like it would be good for finger spins but because Iā€™m terrible at doing those, I canā€™t really compare it with my other yo-yos on it. Also, the concave bearing that came with my Golyat is really quiet and I really like it but knowing the inconsistencies between bearings, your mileage may vary. I havenā€™t deshielded it to see if itā€™s a 10-ball bearing or not because I see no reason to mess with the bearing. It works great.

Right now Iā€™m contemplating whether I should get the orange Butcher tomorrow which has the same shape as the Golyat but smaller in diameter and slightly narrower.

Oh oh oh oh oh oh I want that orange Butcher.

For those who have tried them, are the Butcher and Acro designed to play similar to their high-end counterparts (Mr. Butcher/Acrophobia) or is the naming purely coincidental?

Has anyone played a Dazzler? Whatā€™s it like? If you had to compare it to a Sleipnir, or Chief, or Code 2, how would it stack up? Is it worth the significantly higher price tag?

Played both a regular and FG Dazzler. I have to say that the Dazzler is one of the best throws Iā€™ve played! It is very stable, agile, and long spinning. Compared to the Sleipnir or other throws, it is in a league of itā€™s own. The FG Dazzler is much more smoother than the regular Dazzler. I would say itā€™s worth it, but is it $600+? Some may agree. Until youā€™ve played it yourself, it would be worth it.

1 Like

Awesome! I didnā€™t know that the FG Dazzler had different play than the normal version. I thought the difference was purely aesthetic, so thatā€™s good to know!

Do you happen to know how the Dazzler/FG Dazzler compares to the Draupnir?

It is important to note that the FG isnā€™t inherently smoother. They are very likely the same smoothness on average.

1 Like
 The Dazzler and the Draupnir are both awesome throws! The Draupnir feels lighter, the Dazzler feels and plays a little more stable and maneuverable; compared to the Draupnir. IT really just depends on what you're looking for in a throw. I'd suggest to try it, before you buy it :D

Of course! That was just an overstatement ::slight_smile: I tried 2 different Regular Dazzlers and only one FG Dazzler. The Gold NSK Bearing in the FG felt smoother to me, on my initial encounter throwing it. The play difference was similar, but not the same between the 2 version Dazzlers. The FG Dazzler can also grind, and fingerspin much better than the OG version; from my experience anyways ;D

Thanks for the help guys! I strongly appreciate it. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m gonna shell out the cash for one or not honestly, but i do have a nice EYYC Sleipnir to look forward to thatā€™s coming in the mail pretty soon :slight_smile: Itā€™ll be my first YYR in a long time since i got rid of all my older ones, so Iā€™m pretty stoked.

Iā€™m getting a stargazer in the mail in a few days, and itā€™s in really bad shape. I plan on fixing it up, and the first step is to get an axle and pads. What size axle and what size pads would I need?

I assume itā€™s a V2
depends on the run

before 2010 M5 and 0.5mm pads
after 2010 M4 and standard large slim fit in

Hello. Iā€™ve been lurking this thread for awhile now. Finally have something to ask. For those with sputniks, how do they play? Looking for an undersized/midsized throw since full size is now a hassle with the tricks I do now.

Ps. if anyone has a laser(s) or sputnik for trade, pm me :slight_smile:

Played a sputnik: In a nutshell, the Sputnik is an undersized yoyo with a very powerful spin. Itā€™s similar to a smaller version of the Laser, but it has many attributes you would expect; light and floaty, yet has large amounts of torque.

The bearing seat is tight, but can be unscrewed with many hours of play time in it. In only one occasion, I have taken it apart. Still smooth after doing the fact. I have dropped it a few times, but it is still smooth from when I first threw it; a durability bonus :smiley:

It is a very fun yoyo to play with, and it has become one if my main competition throws. Even thought it is raw, I have not come across problems associated with raw yoyos.

Thanks for the overview, but how does it stack up against a blink/e=mc2 if you have played those before? Or any undersized yyr.