YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Erm… so does this mean I can get an NSK Gold or Gold Yyf bearing and replace the one in my Draupnir without fear?

Yes, any size C bearing will work.

I just replaced the DS bearing with a KK and my Draupnir plays a lot better, YYR shouldn’t have switched.

1 Like

NSK Gold != YYF Gold CT, but NSK Micro (Japanese company) manufacturers both versions. NSK’s version has a standard concave shape. The Gold CT are CT obviously.

I like the NSK gold more but it’s just my preference for concave over CT, I think. Either bearing is ridiculously good. There’s one Japanese site that sells NSKs in bulk for a significant discount. If I were a competitive player I would use nothing but NSK. They don’t need lube, get flick spin times of 20+ seconds, and easily sleep typical bi-metal throws over 10 minutes. Only problem is that like all bearings they eventually wear down. They wear down slower than steel bearings but they’re pretty dang expensive. For “everyday” bearings I just mass order bearings from China for about $1 a bearing. When I’m putting a yo-yo through its moves and testing its capabilities I pop in an NSK.

BTW I change bearings on YYRs all the time. I think with older ones it was discouraged since the axles stripped pretty easily, but this is no longer an issue.

1 Like

I’m hoping that one of those other sites has the black blasted Palpitations at some point in the near future…I’ve convinced myself I need one finally.

heh

Noiceee

Loving that dazzler!

Nice!!!

Non-yoyorecreation info.

SY-006 Schneider Blade Attack Mode is out. It looks pretty cool and unique. What do you guys think?

Two en route I believe. I’m stoked, they look awesome. Really a little skeptical of this ring (axle???) System. But nonetheless I love their offerings. My favorites.

Interested in getting some feedback of how bad their vibe is

With any luck I picked up one orange and one red version that nominally have different degrees of vibe. Having said that I’ve never understood why a bit of vibe is an issue. It doesn’t effect most play in the slightest.

Are they hubstack-like things or just random plastic nubs in the center? And the blue weight ring is very odd. I dunno. I passed, but i’ll be curious for a review, even to just understand what’s going on with the design.

because an object made with high precision machines with tolerances of 1-2 microns (which is sold at a high price for that reason) must be perfect.
for me this is so, if influence or not the game still has a defect.

grinds

if we could just go through the eternal “why are people interested in vibe” issue that every single member has read a thousand times, that would be great ;D

I agree!
I have to say, however, that I possess yoyo that pulsate and are able to grind satisfactorily

I too have experienced this, but even if it’s 100% reliable, it still gives a good idea

Sorry, all I really meant here was that one would never buy a Sturm panzer yoyo to grind: they really aren’t designed or finished work that I’m mind. In particular, perhaps the most conducive to grinds could have been the Leo but it wasn’t really finished with a grinding surface. The stealth ogre is good for finger grinds but that’s about it. And yes, I also appreciate if you have a strong opinion on vibe then some of these aren’t for you. But I promise that if that is the case you’re really missing out!

don’t get me wrong, I just wanted to now in a more detailed way why there was such a disclaimer about vibes, but I also wanted to avoid the “vibe doesn’t matter” debate ;D

Yeah those weight rings by the hub and the knob on the hub are definitely interesting. That seems to be the reaction they want from their models though so this one sticks with their theme.