YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Quite often I help guys in local yo-yo shop and it’s always good opportunity to throw with Laser, Draupnir and Palpitation(and few others), here are my opinions after some time.

For some reason, I enjoy Laser less and less each time I throw it. First time I used it(back at EYYC 2014), I found out it’s not best player for 1A(just too narrow for me), but really liked feel. Lately it started to feel boring and mediocre. Yes, it still offer great stability and spin time, but I just don’t want to play with it anymore and reach for different yo-yos instead.

Draupnir is for me still definitely one of best 1A yoyos for contest, but I just slightly prefer cheaper and easier available C3 Krown. That’s for me #1 1A yoyo.

Palpitation is probably best TP yoyo, for me better than Isotope 2. But like other TPs, it’s IMHO nothing interesting to play. I think it’s not as good as Draupnir and Krown and definitely not as exciting to play.

New Shake is based slightly on Houska design and also manufactured in China. Nothing really special, not as good as other TP yo-yos. Even for 80$ I prefer other similiary priced yo-yos.

Speaking about 80$, shop got few Triads from Kengo after WYYC. I dont realy see it as plastic Draupnir, it’s definitely good hybrid, maybe even best(still thinking I might like Rally little bit more), but it end there. I think you can get better playing metal in same price.

Take these as my own impression and as always, YMMV.

2 Likes

Very interesting your feelings!
Finally the opinion of a player and not just those of collectors …
Thanks!

P.S. the Laser comes to the 3A. is deliberately narrow and therefore a bit 'forced to 1A

shake plays more like maxbet than houska imo

Just got my Laser today. The blue looks amazing, it’s soo shiny :o

Plays like a beast too despite its narrow profile. Not quite as good as a Draupnir or an Anglam CC IMO but it’s better then everything else I’ve played.

Good to hear!
My draupnir plays like a god, and is without a doubt, better than everything I have
And I didn’t even get it yet

1 Like

You haven’t played enough yo-yos.

I think I’ve played a lot for a high school student :stuck_out_tongue:

You’ve played too many ;D

1 Like

see from this photo

a considerable distance between the board of housing and the bearing, may not be a problem for the string?

why the bearing housing isn’t anodized? problems of tolerances?

My Draupnir arrived! Bearing feels gritty but it plays well. I hope to get some quality time with it tomorrow.

Dude. Get you an NSK gold or whatever YYF gold and it’s beastly.

I’ll consider it. Depends on how well I can get the stock bearing to play.

The stock one wasn’t too great. But, yeah NSK makes YYF’s gold bearings so I’d go with those.

Nsk gold bearing=yyf gold bearing?
And are they really worth the price tag; does the gold have a noticeable effect o_O

Wow you got it before me ._.
What color?

Aw is the shake not that good?
Was really hyped when I first saw it ;c

I would like to know this too please!

Also, i remember reading it was not advisable to remove bearings for/unscrew YYR yoyos - isn’t this still the case?

It was never true.

1 Like

no

And about unscrewing YYR, yes it was true. 2009 YYRs used a short M5 axle, which would bring a lot of stripping issues if you were not very careful.

1 Like

NSK makes YYF gold bearings. I can’t vouch for the performance of the YYF’s but the NSK’s rock my world.

2 Likes

Just to be precise, the first major problem with the axes of the recreation mad he had with his first yoyo, stardust, so that he preferred to “tabula rasa” and even change the name, by 44re: creation to yoyorecreation.
the famous disclimer who advised against opening the yoyo was written around 2011, almost two years after the recreation was passed by the 5mm axis than 4mm axis (the change came in May of 2010).
In my opinion it was a very painful disclimer as he tried to justify without a hint of realism, those were two big problems that could lead to yoyo vibrating:
The first was the fact that YYR has always sold everything for a-grade (faded colors, yoyo vibrating etc… I have one Sleipnir 2009 mint, that yoyo has always vibrated and my friend of mine purchase a green Clash with cup half-faded, all purchased from a well-known Japanese store and paid good money, the same store that later published the disclimer and even later eliminated forever from his warehouse the yoyo of this brand, also with known personal stories).
The second was the craze that I never understood assemble the yoyo tightening the cups so strong as to force the threads from new.

1 Like