YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

I’m one of the people who prefers the dazzler over the draupnir. These are the 2 best yoyos I have in a collection of about 70, most of which cost over $150. I have several other titanium throws. I have over 25 YYRs.

That said, I am a hack intermediate player at best. I can do a handful of advanced tricks, but I am not as good as a lot of others around here.

What I like about the dazzler over all my other yoyos:

1. stability. This is key to me as i am not a strong player.
  2. comfort in the hand

these are the 2 big things. The dazzler might be a tiny bit less stable than the draupnir, but comes with much greater hand feel. It is definitely more stable than the Anglam CC and MaxBet that I have, and these are 2 of my favorites. A little less stable than the stealth ogre as well, but plays so much better.

I have heard others say that the draupnir is much more stable. Maybe this is true when throwing longer combos than I am capable. But for my level of play, I strongly prefer the dazzler.

My favorites list after the dazzler is, in order:
2. Draupnir (very close second place)
3. Anglam CC
4. MaxBet

Thanks for the response. Your comments about stability are very interesting because when the Draupnir was first released, many comments in this thread expressed concern about its stability and expressly stated it had worse stability than the Dazzler. At some point this perception reversed. I wonder if this represents a correction of perception lining up with truth over time, or if one high-end yo-yo simply became more popular.

I’m 95% sure I’m going to buy one. I may wait a while as I’d guess they sell out in more than a month. Anyway I have a lot of high-end throws I can compare it to. Maybe I’ll write up a proper review. If it’s disappointing I won’t hesitate to get rid of it at that cost, however. Of course doing so may be easier said than done.

I’ve never seen the MaxBet get that much praise. I’m a big Turning Point fan…what do you like about it exactly?

For the record my top 4 would be something like Agonist / Draupnir / Palpitation / Isotope 2. Number five is pretty difficult, could be the Laser, Phaser, Anglam CC, any number of Sturm Panzer throws. Those four seem to stand on a different level, however.

From the “Draupnir .vs. Ti Walker” thread:

I was under the impression that the Ti Walker was one of the best yoyos every produced, regardless of material…

I was tempted to pick up a Dazzler at one point, but then I bought a YYF Ricochet and realised that just because a yoyo is made of Titanium doesn’t mean it’s going to be anything special. When I can buy 2 or 3 great yoyos for the same price… I think I’ll pass for now.

I got a TiWalker that I traded almost immediately, not that close to the Draup performance-wise IMO

I’ve been trying to get a TiWalker for months but I’m not willing to pay $500 for one like some people. VsNewton prices recently got driven up by the dude’s mother as well.

Maybe I can convince someone to let me borrow theirs.

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10612941_704187292988672_321363927629819178_n.jpg?oh=61db9112e53107ed8c3f3f7ae56ec00c&oe=5494333A
got my blue triad!!!

next, getting a white one

Are the rings smooth?
Im starting to doubt that mine is a used and/or b grade product which i picked up from kengo at worlds.
It s got scuffs and scratches all over those rings, but oddly no other visible damage or defect on the plastic parts.

Yeah, everything is fine.

On another note, here is a comarison shot of the rings of the first and second run, showing that YYR did work on the sharp edges of the rings for this run, which is good news for me, now I can play horizontal without any risks.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10626535_704284969645571_2041434712549599710_n.jpg?oh=8368cade38d276f7b4ae87fc0eade34c&oe=548EBBBF&gda=1418213257_182c1206ce24f249b255bf7bf7e48821

Mine appeared like yours as well and I thought it had unusual vibe but after talking to people figured they’re all like that, which left me wondering what was so special about the dang thing.

Finally played a Draupnir tonight. After all the hype, I was prepared to go “BAHAHA, fools! It’s just ‘fine’!!!”

But then it was awesome! I really like that yoyo. A lot. Played an Overdrive that I was “meh” about.

Also “meh”: '75 Anglam. The original Anglam was pretty good, though. Leo Sniper MK II was buckets of fun and awesomeness. The Eclipse Ogres were also nice, though not so comfy on the catch. Play-wise, really great yoyos.

But back to the Draupnir: the hype is justified! I’m not selling my unborn child to get one or anything, but it’s easily one of my favourite yoyos I’ve played and it stood out from many others that I got to play today.

Greg finally acknowledges what everyone has known for a year.

Well done :slight_smile:

If only I’d had a chance to play one before today! Could be worse, I could be recommending it to people when I haven’t even played it. :wink:

Honestly with the draupnir it wouldn’t be that big of a deal if you did that. I mean, has anyone not liked the draupnir? If so they are few and far between.

Very true, I’ve yet to see a person not praise the draupnir

I sometimes consider getting one and not gettin anyhing else for the rest of the year, but something tells me that something better will come out soon ._.

I hate the Draupnir. Bleh. It’s terrible.

Prepare to get shunned by many

Why? it’s his opinion, we can’t force people to be right.

I think he was being sarcastic to disprove my point for jokes :stuck_out_tongue:
True, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but in this case, I don’t think he was being serious, and neither was I

I understood the sarcasm :wink:
hence my questionable sentence ;D

2 Likes

I actually traded my brand new matte black Draupnir to a guy who shall remain nameless (you know who you are), then bought it back about two days after he got it. He said he prefers CLYW…

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/3c/3c308720645c222c499124f8edd57fc6476df41dd81b342b66cda0953c4e8d04.jpg

2 Likes