YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

I just found one for under 75 shipped stateside so I bit. I’m a little confused how this company can sell them since I thought the Triad violated the YYJ patent, but whatever. If I don’t like it I can probably get back what I paid or pretty close so it’s a better risk than paying 80 + shipping on Japanese sites.

I looked at the other site, and they do have them. Really sure they’ll get a cease and desist from YYJ, but I’ll probably get one, since I can’t figure out how to order off Japanese sites.

I’d like to say something about the Draupnir: it’s absolutely incredible.

I’ve tried my fair share of yoyos, but the Draupnir is on a Whole. Nuva. Levol. It’s one of the few yoyos that far and above surpassed my expectations. I tend to be overly critical of my toys and need them to be perfect (for me) in just about every way or I’ll sell/trade it. The Draupnir hits every single thing on my checklist for a bangin’ yoyo and still has cred left over. It’s one of the lightest-feeling, strongest-spinning, amazingly-engineered pieces of equipment I’ve ever laid my hands on.

It is definitely, definitely the best yoyo I have ever played.

3 Likes

^^^^^^^^

So, I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume that you like the Draupnir ?

meh it’s okay.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what he meant…

^^^^

Too many dangling participles here. When I first read that first post I wondered whether the Links was trying to be sarcastic. If he is, then the sarcasm is lost on me.

Perhaps I am naive though. Help me out; what did he mean?

He seemed a little sarcastic

Just kidding, yes he loves it :slight_smile:

I reread his post and while I saw several grammatical mistakes, I didn’t see any dangling participles. ???

Do you actively try and seek out flaws in others? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

^ Rhetorical questions. Don’t answer.

No, I wasn’t being sarcastic. It’s hard to believe anyone that has played a Draupnir would think I would be, Geezer; you know how good it is! ;D

I do!

I also totally respect the opinion of someone who has even owned as many yo-yo’s as Links has traded. I did not want to make any assumptions or put words in his mouth. I re-read the first post and found I agreed with the points being made. Therefore I assumed no sarcasm. I was afraid that may have been a bit arrogant, however, since sarcasm is the most difficult of the literary forms. :slight_smile:

I am amazed that it took Links so long to get one since he seems to get pretty much everything from what I can gather. I think its scarcity and performance tends to keep it where it lands.

Well thank you very much. But ‘so long’?? I got my black one back in the beginning of July and I owned a red one a few weeks before that! ;D

Geez folks, I was just giving Kyle a little ribbing is all, I had no idea that my comment would grow wings and take flight.

I just got a Diffusion. It’s a good yoyo but it’s totally not worth $40.

Man, I may have to pick up a triad before they’re gone. Wonder how he swung getting them in stock, and whether he’ll get in trouble?

We were just talking about posts mysteriously disappearing. There went another one of mine, lol. You don’t have to do much to step on the toes of the mods here. I don’t anyway.

basepi I was wondering the same thing, as that yo-yo definitely violates YYJ patents (maybe “he” got permission from YYJ since they used to be tight) but if I were you I’d buy one from “him” ASAP as with the coupon code you can get the triad for under $75 shipped.

doesnt the diffusion violate YYJs solid spin patent

Do they have a patent on that? I don’t think it necessarily does anyhow, but there’s also a difference between marketing something as an innovation and actually having it patented.

/point
seems that at least by 2012 it was still a ‘pending’ patent