YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

All in one or separate?

I think the thread changed as YYRā€™s direction did. Back when they were still actively producing their old models it was always on topic, talking about E=MC2s, Acrophobias, Gleipnirs, Stargeysers, Sleipnirs, Blinks etc.

People posted up photos of their new purchases and trades, showing off their collections and making the rest of us envious. There were so many throws to talk about from their old lineup and so many to collect.

Now since they axed their old yoyos, it seems that the only YYR to really get mentioned nowadays is the Draupnir, and Iā€™m pretty sure that most of us here own at least one of them.

Back in the day youā€™d get posts like ā€œAhh I need to get my hands on a Fragment! How does the Uragment compare?ā€ or "just managed to get my hands on a Benson Fok Sleipnir! U jelly?"and so onā€¦ nowadays all you really get is ā€œso what colour is the Draupnir out in next?ā€

Bring back the old YYR talk thatā€™s what I say!

Dat Fragment thoā€¦

3 Likes

What you suggest has been tried and there were like 5 posts. Like it or not, this is the only thread where Japanese yo-yos get any love. Whatā€™s the problem with discussing other Japanese yo-yos from time to time, especially when Yoyorecreation isnā€™t releasing anything significant at the moment?

If it were derailing the thread Iā€™d agree with you but this happens occasionally and the thread always gets back to Yoyorecreation. There isnā€™t enough interest in Japanese yo-yos to have a separate thread for every company.

Wordd

*Werrd JP

1 Like

just a heads up, I posted a draupnir in the bst for anybody who hasnā€™t gotten their hands on one yet, or who just canā€™t resist having another :slight_smile:

Kyle

If anybody that wanted a draupnir had $230, theyā€™d have one by now already ::slight_smile:

Mickey still has a few Draupnirs, I guess nobody wants emerald green.

I would get one if I had the money. I love the color

1 Like

Was there something that shouldnā€™t have been there in the last few posts which mysteriously disappeared?

same

My posts mysteriously disappear all the time around hereā€¦ something like 5% of them. I wouldnā€™t worry about it. The forum gods work in mysterious ways.

Looks like the mods donā€™t like you very much :stuck_out_tongue:

Ahhhā€¦ it was the forum Gods! Oh well, I reckon mine was just collateral damage as it was in response to someone elseā€™s post, which may have been inappropriate/not allowed.

I just got a white a red and a blue Triad in the mail today. This yo-yo is so good, I wanted an extra one for work and two for friends. It appears that the string cutting issues have been dealt with. I got three; and all of them are smooth on the inside of the steel rim. I looks like the manufacturer is now putting an extra-smoothing grind on the edge that may have been cutting strings on some of the OG Triads.

I want to say again what a fabulous yo-yo this is. It has,like 90% of the performance of the Draupnir for so much less $. More importantly, you do not have to sweat dinging it. Even if you are from some alternate-universe where people do not like long-spinning, super agile, ultra-maneuverable throws; you can always sell it on BST since there just are not that many in the USA. If you have a Draupnir, this is the perfect practice yo-yo. If you do not, this is the best you will get without buying a Laser or a Draupnir.

IMHO: if you do not have a Triad; you should.

1 Like

90% of draupnirs performance?? Seriously? Told myself I wasnā€™t Wr any more throws for awhile, but if its 9/10 of a draupnir for less than half of the priceā€¦

Sounds like hyperbole to meā€¦then again, yo-yo performance increases against cost on a scale of diminishing returns, so perhaps this is possible. To me, though, $90 for a plastic yo-yo (not even delrin) is kind of insane.

I met at Worlds someone quite high up there in godtricks who sold both his draupnirs (draupnar?). He was throwing a triad when he fervently complained to me how the draupnir is overrated.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s 90% as good as the Draupnir but the Triad is a heck of a yoyo and phenomenal for its retail price (I was lucky enough to get mine for $50 on the BST and sold it for the same price). It might sound a bit silly but I also like the noise the Triad makes when spinning. I definitely might wind up getting another one at some point, especially if thereā€™s a solid black or translucent smoke color released.

I think exactly the same, especially the sound part