YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

I don’t think YYR ever intended to send those prototypes out to the public when they marked them with red pen. Probably more for the purposes of just keeping track of the prototypes in their workshop. I do think it would have been nice if they’d engraved them before shipping them out but hey, what can you do.

Yuki

ORDERED

A

GOLD

DRAUPNIR

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nice! Those gold Draupnir’s look flippin’ sweet!

Yuki

Write it again. lol

wow, the gold looks great on the Draupnir

I’m having a hard time understanding why they would want to widen the gap on one of the Draupnirs.
It would also be interesting to know just how much they decided to widen it, as well as why they felt it was necessary ?

I use primarily Toxic BG1 string, which is rather thick, and a bit starchy string, and have no problem with the gap in my Draupnirs at all. I would be concerned that a wider gap would be counter productive to the way I throw, but obviously there is some reason for widening it.

Thoughts ?

look at akitoshi tokubuchis tricks and you’ll understand

It’s been widened by .2mm’s. Add’s more room for string layers, which Akitoshi so desperately needs.

1/5 of a millimeter barely seems like anything.

1 Like

I am on one of my two overdrive copy I widened the gap of 0.2 mm for the half, then 0.4 mm total, and I like more, the behavior of the yoyo has changed, not upset, but now it has a sweeter return and it is more unresponsive

here is a couple of my yyr sorry it may be the wrong picture I am trying to figure out a new camera :stuck_out_tongue:

lets try this again

lets see if this works

Horse looks good

3 Likes

That’s crazy cool.

Wanna give me that Urgament or Mr. Butcher :smiley:

I held out a long time but I finally succumbed to a Draupnir purchase. Got the gold one en route.

Sooooooo jealous! I hope I get to play a Draupnir at MA states

After lurking around this thread for months I decided to get a slepinir. It seems to be a common favorite and I can’t wait to get it

I just bought a Sleipnir myself, should be here by the end of the week. This will be my first YYR throw and I’m interested to see what all the hype is about.

I just know that if for some reason I don’t like it I can hopefully trade it…