YoYoRecreation Appreciation Thread

Just received my 2017 Sleipnir! Plays pretty close to the regular 7075 sleipnir that I have, feels a tad different, give me some time to figure out what it is. Also, by trust, I meant I trust that anything YYR sees fit to see released to the public is gonna be awesome.

Wowza! That is just way too much awesome for one photo! And all in gorgeous silver as well. drools

Yuki

The 2017 sleipnir seems a little smaller than the regular 7075 version.

Could just be the camera angle. The 2017 Sleipnir looks to be shot from right on top while I can see some of the side profile of the 7075s. That being said, a slightly smaller Sleipnir would be quite an intriguing prospect.

Yuki

Ya not a great picture. Iā€™ll try and get a few more up when I get home this evening. When I set them side by side they are the same height and stacked on top of one another same diameter pretty scientific eh? I wish I had a digital scale and micrometer.

Brandonlee you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks for taking the plunge and showing us all your mighty hoard. :slight_smile:

Hey no worries Gambit, thanks for the kind words. I am not a great player by any means and this makes it a little bit of a challenge to accurately describe each throw. What I can say is they do live up to the YYR name in terms of smoothness and spin time. IMHO they are well worth it, especially if you are a fan of the slightly undersized throws. As Nathan pointed out the new protos look like a Blink and the Messiah had child with the Blinks center and the Messiahs rims. Hopefully some other folks with more skills will take the plunge and give us a better idea of what these beauties can do.

Cheers!

I received my 2017 Sleipner today and thought I would share a photo of it. When I compare it to my regular 7075 Sleipner I found that the specs are so close as to not be worth really discussing. The diameter, weight & width are all so close that it would require some very specialized measuring tools that I donā€™t possess.

In the throw, again I have a very difficult time discerning a difference as of yet. I expected to feel the difference in materials more than I could, but there is just no discernible difference I can point to.

Itā€™s a great YoYo for sure, but when I then go throw my Draupnir I wonder why YoYoRecreation spends any time with their legacy designs anymore. The Draupnir is such a superior YoYo to anything else they use to produce (IMO) that it seems odd to me.

Anyway, itā€™s a fantastic YoYo for sure, and if the Sleipner is what you want, then this is the real thing and itā€™s reasonably priced. Iā€™m still very pleased I purchased it. I always wanted a second Sleipner.

2 Likes

Thank you for quality photos.

I missed the delivery yesterday, and had to wait till today to go pick it up. Itā€™s pretty nice!

Well I think they donā€™t spend time with legacy designs, I think all these prototypes that was now available are just left overs from past. Just something to throw on sale on Yoyo day. On eyyc they were selling prototypes of six and it was just old prototype from early stage of six design, I assume these were same case. From my conversation with Kongo, I really think they are now focusing just on brand new models.

Agh I want one of these so bad, I donā€™t have a sleipnir and it seems like a very good price to me, I am also interested in the d bearing one. On a different note I prefer the look of the legacy models by a lot so although I would like more bi metals, I would like a new legacy to be thrown in there every once in a while.

thats what ive been saying the whole time only to be ignored because you guys were too busy speculating what it could be. it even SAYS its a prototype in the japanese version.

yoyorecreation has never done anything like it!
as if he had released the splash Dreadnought G using old stock pieces with the old laser engraving visible against the light, or as if made the last ā€‹ā€‹colors of Overdrive(example the yye edition) with the old prototype without a hub ā€¦
want to fool around! ;D

:wink:

Far be it from me to talk about non-YYR topics, however I feel this is worth mentioning.

So, sOMEThINGā€™s new yoyo, hashtagged #titanium and #stainless. Says he had a proto at worlds last year so itā€™s been in development for a while, and from the look of it in the video it appears to have weight rings on the inside edge.

A titanium throw with steel rims maybe? If so, itā€™s going to cost a flipping fortune. However Iā€™m interested to see how it develops. :slight_smile:

http://yoyorecreation.jp/draupnir.html
ā€¦GOLD DRAUPNIR!!!.
Ok, I already have a DRAUP so Iā€™m good, those who do t should jump for it.
ā€¦On a side note I have been offered a 7075 ANGLAM, yes itā€™s a great throw that I have yet to play, but Iā€™d rather have a YYR Laser. Anyone what to elaborate on this idea of YYA sOMEThING over YYR. I am a man of all Japanese metal yoyos because quality is best when it comes from Japan INHO. Iā€™m a YYR player after all and donā€™t want to mix my veggies with my mashed potatoes.

the new draupnir is an attuneā€™d version, meaning akitoshi tokubuchiā€™s version, with a wider gap.

That sounds amazing. Damn so tempting.

I wish YYR engraved on the 2017 Sleipnirs rather then writing on them

Yeahā€¦ The numbers are running off on mine.