Yoyojam XLR8

What do you mean you “would have”? Do you not have it anymore or you have decided against it?

No. I won’t be going to worlds. That $500 is now in my savings account, dying to be spent at Nationals.

Well, to me, it has always seemed that the quest was to get more rim weight, or longer sleepers, or place the weight just below the rim. This design, however, seems to put a huge emphasis on the “Swag” factor, and it looks like it would be rather unstable, and spin out easily.

wat i thought swag gave me super long sleep

But would anyone be interested in buying me either one of these or a B Grade at Worlds? I’d PayPal you the money.

I through one it was pretty dope

There’s a lot more to yoyo design than just packing as much weight on the rims as possible. Center weight has it’s advantages.

Personally I’m super stoked to play with this yoyo. Can’t wait.

I didn’t say it doesn’t, I just said it’ll scare away the noobs.

I think that the goal of this yoyo was more to create something unique rather than be the greatest player on the block. However, I do think this yoyo could still have a good bit of rim weight due to the extreme H shape.

Looks like they achieved both. Kieran says it plays very good. And Kieran is really picky.

I think the reason behind this yoyo is probably b/c nowadays there are so many different yoyo companies putting out yoyo’s with different designs and in order to continue putting new yoyo’s out that will get our attention, they’re going to have to be different. If these companies just keep making yoyo’s with the same designs, it will get old. This is just something that’s not “run of the mill” and has obviously done it’s job, b/c a bunch of you seem excited to try it out. The yoyo’s that I want the most are the ones that aren’t like all the others and the ones that I know will be fun and something different to throw.

I played Alex Lee’s at MER and it was very good, I think it will be a great competitor. Super solid throw.

I just feel the step going from plastic to metal will be uncomfortable. it gives a look that it won’t sit very nicely or on bad catches might hit bad.

Your hand is never even “in” the stepped area. I’m sure there are more comfortable yoyos around (H shapes are never comfort kings) but I doubt the step would cause injury. :wink:

yeah the more i look at it seems likely it won’t be bad. but none the less if it’s less than $40 it’s going to be purchased

I want it more than I want a Yeti. ;D

Actually, I am pretty sure that the ones at WYYC won’t be prototypes. YYN said that they would be available at Worlds, so I am thinking that that means the production run.

BTW, I asked the question before I read the YYN article. Also, you (and everybody else) should read the article. It’s pretty funny.

It’s gonna be actual runs. Just found out.

Its awesome that yyj really stepped up. I would never buy a yyj till now

What do you mean “Stepped Up”?

They were never a Step Down from any other company.

They always made good products and rarely disappoint, so I want to know why you thought they were Inferior to the other Big companies in any way.

I just didnt liked their previous designs
The xlr8 was an eye catcher