Yoyojam XLR8

I highly doubt you tried any of them.

Iā€™m getting a free one! Kristen Bjork messaged me on Facebook asking what I wanted. Told me that a huge YoYoJam fan as myself deserved one ^.^ heā€™s getting as many YoYoJam players as possible to autograph it.

That rocks dude!

I think he meant Erik Bjork sent him a message.

Get ready for an influx of replies saying that itā€™s not fair that you get a free one and we donā€™t.

Honestly, I donā€™t care that much. Can you write a review when you get it?

Ah, I was confused whether it was his mom or dad. Thatā€™s for clearing that up.

A wise man once said ā€œthey see me rollin, they hatingā€ lol. Well to those people that said my YoYoJam addiction is pointless, there ya go. Iā€™m getting some recognition from YoYoJam and Iā€™m also getting some of their products for free (as gifts, but never the less). Iā€™m actually quite happy Iā€™m finally getting noticed by YoYoJam. If I place decent, I think Nats might be my big break. Just need some more tech. And I think the XLR8 will take me there ;). Thanks Kristen!

Thatā€™s pretty awesome man! :smiley: Like a few others said, tell us how it is when you get it please! :slight_smile:

I saw the new new xlr8 and it looks really interesting it looks kinda like an inspire except squished.

Kristen will be shipping it soon ^.^

Iā€™ll be sure to review it once I get it. But unlike most people, ill wait a week, because its pretty obvious my first reaction will be ā€œOMG this is the best YoYo in the world!ā€ So I think a week will give me time to notice its faults. I wonā€™t have specs though.

It takes me roughly 2 months to get enough time with a yoyo to review it.

However, Steve Brown has declared all reviews rather pointless, so Iā€™ve stopped doing reviews as well. I actually agree with his logic regarding this.

$30! Might just buy a pair for 3a or something when I get more money

Price doesnā€™t mean good or bad.

Thereā€™s a lot of amazing wallet-friendly yoyos out there. I can enjoy a ā€œcheap plasticā€ just as much as an ā€œexotic metalā€.

Right now, this year has seen a lot of amazing budget-friendly plastics as well as new metal brands with low costs. Quality and awesomeness doesnā€™t have to break the bank.

Not to change the subject, but the new SuperStar at $80 is just mind-blowingly good.

Back to the XLR8: Iā€™m a big fan of YYJ and I expect to enjoy the XLR8 when I try one. Itā€™s on my wants list. Iā€™ve just mostly had great results with this brand.

Until I see a bit more of the XLR8, I donā€™t know how good it will be for 3A. I think based on what I recall, it seems like it might be OK for that style.

That would be Ideal considering the plastic rims.

Im kinda late, where did you find this information?

I had the pleasure of playing with the XLR8 at worlds this year for a few minutes. It was a really great yoyo by my standards, very stable and long spinning. However, it played very, very heavy, which might effect some peopleā€™s buying decision

Hmmmmā€¦ Iā€™ve heard other people say it was on the lighter side.

Iā€™m guessing this yoyo will be a machine at 1a, 3a, and 5a. It looks so versatile. I canā€™t wait.

Yess and with the celcon rims you donā€™t have to worry about the clash of a counterweight for 5a or the clash of yoyos for 3a. I wonder if it is smooth.

It sounds so tempting, it would fit my play style if it played heavy or light, would have to see if itā€™s good at 3A, just one thing thoughā€¦
WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT, I like plastics, I could bring them anywhere I go and if I get a huge dent or scratch plastics still play like it just came out of the box, the metal body would also hold flowable silicone, unlike Celcon, which doesnā€™t hold flowable wellā€¦