I would like a yyj

i would like to expand my knowledge of yoyojam yoyos seeing as i only have one.

BEATER MINI MOTU!!!
$10 shipped (see my bst for details)

I’m not sure if a trade offer counts as help really, but I’m not sure if there are any specific rules on this.

The Phenomizm has gotten a lot of stellar reviews it seems. I personally have a New Breed and I like it a lot. A lot of the newer YYJ hybrids have a tendency to be good, I haven’t gotten my hands on any of the models with solidspin, but I haven’t heard much bad about them.

i am uncomfortable about the whole bst thing. im looking at things like the x-convict

Any of the YYJs will be good. Its just comes down to personal preference.

I just received my SR-71 today (one of the newer yoyojams), and it’s on a completely different level than my two lyn furys, in terms of overall quality. It’s got a smoother surface, more metal, MUCH less vibe, and two bearings. The thin bearing is VERY quiet, so quiet that I think that it’s been lubed with grease. The speed bearing spins pretty well.

There are a few types of plastics that yoyojam uses. I only know that celcon is supposed to be more durable. In my opinion, celcon feels softer than the other plastic(s).
They also use a few types of metal: aluminum, gold, brass, nickel? not sure what else.
They also have different weight distributions: evenly distributed, or rim-biased.
They also have different sizes and shapes
They also have different responses: silicone, starburst, hybrid, “double O-ring” rubber (with those weird dimples)

If I were to pick a yyj yoyo, I wouldn’t pick gold, because it’s too expensive.
I would not pick celcon because I don’t like its feel.
I would pick silicone sticker, full-sized yoyo, and rim-biased weight.
The results of my preferences bring up SR-71 or Dark Magic 2.

Yoyojam yoyo’s usally have matal rims… this is because gravity pulls the metal part more than the plastic cause the metal has more weight, causing a more stable yoyo… And their yoyo’s are durable… especially yoyo’s made in celcon!.. Love it!

YYJ ROCKS!

I would get a hitmqn pro

get a moded kickside there amazing!!!

Phenozim

naww. i like the metal rims.

Xconvict 25 shipped or a fhz

I agree. I love my Hitman Pro. If you like metal rims, stick with a Dark Magic or Hitman/Hitman Pro. I’ve also thrown a SFX, SR-71, Atmosphere, Phenom, Phenomizm and Revolution, and I’ve enjoyed them all. YoYoJam makes really competitive, quality yo-yo’s, and you really can’t go wrong with them. It’s merely a preference thing. If you’re looking for the metal rims, and you don’t mind a smaller yo-yo, Hitman Pro all the way. I still think that the Kickside is one of the best inexpensive yo-yo’s on the market though, hands down.

Hitman four life. DM is pretty sweet. I would avoid the black knight UNLESS you like really heavy throws. It’s stable, but it is really a unique throw. Oh and Xconvict is wicked awesome I would just recomend a pair of shims for when you want to make it less responsive.

The commonly available gold rimmed YYJ models are not gold. They are aluminum anodized gold. And they are generally no more expensive than non-anodized models.

Oh, and BTW - get a Hitman.

Absolutely correct. It’s not real gold, it’s just a cosmetic difference. The price difference, as least with the Worlds Editions, is only 5 bucks.

why would you want a yoyo with gold in it? out of fear i hardly play with my 888x enough!

In my post, I said nothing about color.
I said gold was expensive, not gold color. Gold is a type of metal. Gold is over 7 times as dense as aluminum. It makes sense to use gold to add more weight-bias.
The Phenom has 24K gold plating and is really expensive. Yes, 24K gold is real gold. No, it is not 5 bucks more than the Phenomizm.

I would highly recommend a Dark Magic II. It’s my absolute favorite yoyo, and is AMAZING at grinds and sleep times  :o Here’s a link…

Umm look at my favorite yoyos. :slight_smile: but the dm2 is an absolute beast! i just got done playing with it. Thanks anyway :smiley: its becoming my favorite yoyo too. -and my protostar is now messed up.