Should I buy PHENOMizm or something else?

im looking to buy a nice yyj or yyf yoyo in the $50-$80 range. the only real 1A yoyo i have purchased is the yyj atmosphere. its small, wide, and heavy on the rims. now im looking for a yoyo that is more “average” sized, lighter (around 65g) and more center weighted. it has to be good for speed, grinds, and horizontals.

i am considering the phenomizm, but i doubt it’s good for grinds cuz it aint full metal. i dont want the phenom cuz of its price. so, i am lookin for a metal yoyo that is closest to the phenom. i prefer yyj and yyf, but i am open for any consideration.

its kind of like if hiroyuki suzuki were to use a more modestly priced metal yoyo, what would he use?

Well I can’t say exactly how it plays since I’ve never used one, the YYJ Speeder is his old signature yoyo, and it’s 65 grams exactly, and is slightly bigger then the atmosphere.

try the YYJ SFX first b4 you move on to the PHENOMizm B/C their generaly the same shape
the SFX is just Slightly smaller but it has a less of a wing shape
but the PHENOMizm has a WIDER wing shape
so final thoughts
PHENOMizm - $60 - WIDE wing shape - MORE flair
YYJ SXF - $40 -Less wing shaped - kinda curved
hope this helps

but the plastic of the phenomizm is not as that of the SFX + he can get the phenomizm and play with the thin bearing if he cant bind also if he like it he had saved then 40 $ :wink:

Yeah, i have tried the SFX. it feels pretty nice. i want a yoyo that feels like the SFX or the phenomizm, but with full metal at price $50-$80 (if one exists like that). if i cant find a yoyo like the phenomizm, but with good grinds, i am happy to settle with the phenomizm.

Just because it has plastic doesnt mean it wont grind good, have you seen Andre with his DM i can barely do his grinds with my Genesis.Its practice. just pick something, it will be great.

Iv tried a Phenomizm, Its not bad for grinds at all.
The Phenomizm, in my opinon, beats almost all Yoyofactory yoyos below 80.
I would reccomend a Phenomizm. It’s Amazing, especially for the Price. And its not even that bad for grinds. It also sleeps Forever! (Not littlerally Forever, but a REALLY Long Time. lol)

1 Like

thats cool. how does it compare to the meteor?

phenomizm is amazing and a beast for 1a play i would definetatley take it into serious consideration

what’s do you guys think is better, the PHENOMizm or Meteor? (Not concerning price)

I think it is this way

Phenomizm>Phenom>Speeder>Meteor

I really think YoyoJam’s bi-metal plays better than their full metal counterparts.