Yoyojam phenomizm: nightime review

So i was sitting here in my room bored a little past midnight and decided to make a review on my phenomizm. I threw yyf metals for almost a year, toned it down to yyf plastics and had the compelling urge to buy a yyj. I picked the phenomizm. The first thing i noticed: This thing looks amazing. The mirror caps, the colors, the placement of the weight rings, all prove for an amazing looks. Problem is, i dont care about looks. I unboxed it, and immediately noticed how flat it was. I was used to protostars. Other than the gap, there is absolutely no step in this yoyo. What i mean is, the protostar has an h shape, this is as far from one as you can get. Its very comfortable in the hand. I was skeptical of the weight in the middle, afraid it would damage sleep times. I was so wrong. I havent had a sleep problem yet. This thing is so FAST. Im talking, fasting thing you have ever played fast. I loved protostars due to their speed, but this thing is twice as fast. I was a huge believer in the saying “its the throw, not the yo” which means the yoyo doesnt matter, its the player, but this proved me wrong. Trying my best at a certain combo, it takes 20 seconds with a protostar. It took 15 with this. I love it. Its grinds are also pretty good, though i dont grind much anymore. it comes stock with a thick lubed kk bearing, so you have to clean it, but when its broken in its amazing. dead unresponsive. Also, if you take the caps out, it goes even faster. The new solid spin axle system feels odd at first when you are not used to the feel of plastic and no vibe, but its actually pretty nice. I have absolutely no complaints about this yoyo. Yoyojam has really scored with this one. Heres the specs
Diameter: 56.10 mm / 2.20 inches
Width: 39.05 mm / 1.53 inches
Gap Width: 4.48 mm / .18 inches
Weight: 67.7 grams
Response: YoYoJam Silicone O-Ring
Bearing Size: Dif-E-Yo KonKave Bearing
Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)

should i spend twice as much and buy the PHENOM?

no!!! PHENOM is a big rip off! they put only gold weight rings in there to make it have a high price. by the way, its so heavy. I WILL KILL IF YOU BUY IT BECAUSE PHENOM=RIPOFFFFFFFFUU*****

yeah, don’t.

Have you even thrown a phenom?

I own one and its probably one of the smoothest yoyo’s iv played. Slick design, nice shape and just awesome.

@Koenigseggfire If you want a full metal and have the extra money to spend, get it. Id recommended it.

Bottom line, its down to preference.

I’ve got it’s little brother, the SFX. I wonder how they compare.

I couldn’t disagree more. The phenom is FANTASTIC! It is a great throw in my opinion. I can’t put my finger on it but for some reason I put down my onedrops, vsnyyc, yyf etc and pick up this instead. At first I thought it felt really hollow, but it’s grown on me ever since. The bronze rings give it a classy look which I really like. It’s a solid throw but I don’t find it super fast but that’s the yoyoer who makes it fast. But remember it’s all preference.

The PHEMOMizm doesn’t come thick lubed at all. It comes with thin lube, and all you have to do is break it in, and it’ll be unresponsive.

would the phenomizm be considered an advance yoyo

yes, it is unresponsive and so you must be able to bind in order to enjoy it fully. It’ll be able to handle anything you can throw at it