YYJ PhenomIZM Review!

If you live in So Cal, today was HOT. It was easily 100 degrees… luckily I didn’t have to walk home from school today, since I got a ride from my friend. ;D Inside the mailbox was my PhenomIZM. The only YYJ I had ever owned before was a Speeder. It was nice considering the price, but it never gave me the impression that a YYJ was anything I wanted to own in the future. However, for the past few months, I had eagerly been eyeing Yoyojam products. Lets see if the PhenomIZM is all the hype it’s supposed to be.

First Impressions

The PhenomIZM looks so unlike any yoyo I have ever seen (aside from other YYJs like the SFX and Equinox). The mirror caps fit relly well on it. It comes in a new YYJ packaging, similar to the old except it’s the really flexy plastic. Well, it’s a step up. The yoyo itself looks well made, and has a nice solid feeling to it. The only little thing bothering me is the small mold marks (that can’t really be helped on plastic yoyos) and the “dirt” that can be seen through the trasparancy. The new solid spin axle system is similar to that of most yoyos now. It has strong metal threads and an unscrewable axle. It came stock with a KK bearing, which had about .1 seconds of spin time (it looked heavily lubed). Time to give it a spin.

On a throw

On my first throw, I was hit with vibe and responsiveness. After a few more throws, I decided to take out the bearing, and slap in one of my cleaned KK bearings. Now I can truely tell you this is where the PhenomIZM shined. It is a completely different yoyo when compared to the Speeder, with it’s weight focused all in the center, as compared to the rims. This creates a completely different feel in a yoyo. As for my tricks, the PhenomIZM handled them beautifully. It handeld all my suicides and whips perefectly. It finger and arm grinds well, but you can’t thumb grind with the caps on (not sure if they are ment to be removed). Now, I’m not an expert at angular play, but for the few things I could do, the PhenomIZM did very well. I wouldn’t call it a dead smooth yoyo, but it’s pretty darn near it. I am pleased with the new Solid Spin system.

Final Thoughts

I am very excited to say that Yoyojam totally raised the bar. Aside from a few minor things, the PhenomIZM is a very complete yoyo. Also, I think the price on it was a little high. Just a little. I know this sounds stupid, but if it had been just 6 dollars cheaper (making it 60 bucks) then I would have not hesitated to pick one up. I know it’s a small amount, but that’s just how it was to me. You won’t regret picking one up, I suggest doing so now.

As compared to a Speeder. The PhenomIZM is slightly larger in diameter (about 1mm).

The PhenomIZM has a very defined angular shape, whereas the Speeder not so much.

The PhenomIZM is slightly wider.

Any questions, just comment. O0

Nice review but doesn’t it come with a koncave stock

would it be good for 3a ?

There’s this kid at worlds who uses them. And almost all 1A yoyos are good for 3A. :wink:

yes it does. look in the specs and description

:slight_smile: omg this is my favorite yoyo for 3a. It is my favorite plastic atleast.

I also have a white speeder. Is the PhenomIzm insanely fast and floaty like the speeder?

I WANT ONE!!!

But we don’t have stock here in the Philippines… You guys are so lucky… :-[

I got mine on the day it was released. 23rd September 2010 at 3.00pm

Very very nice pictures. Review could use some work. I don’t feel very informed. Just flooded with nice pictures. Perhaps a bit more elaboration is in order.

1 Like

Were is my answer???

Hmm, its it floaty but Solid. Faster than speeder even though it is heavier. Of course it is in my opinion.

the solid spin axle is messed on mine now. :’(

Awesome review.

Explain clearly. Send it back to YYJ maybe?

I just ordered a Orange or Amber colored Phenomizm I wonder if you can remove the cap to clean it!

phenomovie!!!

Nice review and GREAT pics!

The only thing I must say negatively is that it didn’t have many details about the Yo-Yo (Such as the response system and how it performs).

Still, good review :slight_smile: