Yoyojam Trigger

Well from my experience, I prefer the trigger over my Northstar, 888x and Skyline.

I second that

Got mines…love it! I Krazie Glued the rings in with like 4 layers of KG… works like a charm. I also got the new Buddah Dimple bearing. Sold over at another best buy yoyo store for $6 and dont regret it.

Some questions… For one, how does it stack up against the protostar? I mean, they look really similar, even with the specs…

Also, this loose weight ring seems to be a major issue. I know great yoyo regardless, but a serious design flaw is a serious design flaw… The PSG is incredible, but the response well is wacked.

Yeah, I bought the PSG after hearing all the hype for it, and I found it to be pretty bad stock - really vibey and super slippy binds.

As for the Trigger, I prefer it over the protostar, the trigger feels more stable, yet still spins pretty long, and can be played to a decent pace. The weight ring issue is a bit annoying, but pushing it in is no big deal (at least to me)

I prefer the Trigger over a Protostar because its far more stable. And the Psg just has some issues in its guts, the Trigger just has rings that come a little kiddy wompose every now and then but have an easily fixable solution. :). Highly recommend buying it dude!

I never thought so many people would read this review. Holy crap. Over 1,000!

Just got my Trigger in the mail. Whoowee this is definitely the best yoyo I have ever played (yeah haven’t thrown too many…). I love the heavy weight, the stability. However, I am finding the stock response to be pretty lackluster. How is the response on everybody elses Trigger? Maybe its just me, but it seems pretty slippy.

It seems just fine for me. If you want you could purchase CBC pads. I recommend natural. And I’m still playing my trigger more than stuff 3 times+ the cost of the trigger.

I find the yellow ones much more snappier when binding, but they do take some time to break in. But with the Trigger it’ll break in without you noticing :wink:

I just don’t get how anyone can say that this yoyo plays better than $100 metals?!! Not even close. Don’t get me wrong, this is a fun yoyo and it can land all of the tricks. But it’s not even in the same ballpark as Supernova or an 888. My Trigger has got to be THE loudest yoyo I won. There is an entire thread elsewhere devoted to how loud the Trigger is. I think if people read reviews like this they may be disappointed with the performance once they get it.
I think for the price it’s a fantastic yoyo. But don’t expect the world.

You know we all have different preferences, right? I had an 888 and couldn’t stand it. I love my Trigger. Saying it “plays better” is only valid is it relates to one’s own experience with it.

And yeah, it is crazy loud. I think it’s the speed bearings. Those things are the loudest bearings I’ve had. I still like them, though.

I have a friend that owned a trigger. I loved using it, until he lent it to a beginner and they did the classic “let my hand go down with the yoyo” it shattered, my advice it’s a great yoyo but not the most durable carful who you let use it.

(Also it’s a really noisy yoyo)

I told two of my friends to get triggers!

So the major complaints are: it’s loud (that’s a bearing quality/care issue) and it doesn’t survive well if smashed directly into the ground (which is generally not a good idea)?

Being loud is not a qc issue. It’s just the way it’s made. It’s not the first and won’t be the last loud yoyo in the world. Some people like them that way.

I can’t speak on its fragility, but that is the second time I’ve heard a similar story.

If you haven’t read the page on yoyoexpert, the speed bearing is a ten ball, just lower quality

My friends fever does this also!!!

I’ve used a lightly lubed crucial grooved bearing and a dry lubed trifecta and there’s no more noise than the low hiss of a clean bearing.

It you read my earlier post, you’ll see I stated that speed bearings are loud. I haven’t had a stock speed bearing that wasn’t.