YoyoJam Revival

Anything under $50, and I’m in.

Good to see YYJ making a comeback. Those metal sidecaps look amazing.

Can’t have a revival without being dead a little can ya? :stuck_out_tongue: ::slight_smile:

I got to play it. It’s really nice. It floats but has a nice heft too it. It really does kind of wrap around the Celcon. The lines on the aluminum adds a nice grind finish

wow… yoyojam… awsome lookin yoyo.

Does it handle fingerspins?

1 Like

It can, but not very well. There’s really no place for it to “lock in”. It sorta has a L shape bowl. It just goes strait horizontally to vertical.

However, if you are really good at finger spins, (which I am not) you could get a 5 second spin with some bad wobble. It’s pretty risky

I’m pumped for this! YYJ is really making a comeback. It’s going to be cool seeing what other goodies they have in store for us!

I will be purchasing this yoyo.

Grant looks SO much older with facial hair and all that stuff hahaha. I remember seeing him at PNWR when he was like 11 or 12 =).

I tried it at NH States. I wasn’t that impressed with it, but then again, all I care about is high stability and long combos.

One interesting thing with it is the metal rims. They have grind ridges just like the theory.

I played Tyler’s at New Hampshire it plays amazing especially for a Delrin by metal. It will be less than 60 is what tyler mcalamore told me

Just curious, what specifically did you like about it? I tried it too, and I wasn’t that impressed.

These kinds of accolades are just not inspiring: “… especially for a Delrin (bi)-metal”.

This kind of qualified praise does not make me want to run out and get one. I think that this kind of description is precisely why people have been questioning YYJ recently. They consistently bring out new models that are good values, but not great yo-yo’s. I do not call a yoyo that is good - “especially for a Delrin bi-metal” something that will revive the YYJ brand-image. YYJ needs to come with a throw that is GREAT in all respects. The YYR Triad comes to mind. Although $80, it is one of the best performing yo-yo’s available anywhere - at any price.

Now that; is inspiring.

YoyoGeezer should try it for himself before he deems it uninspiring.

3 Likes

Doesn’t take lateral caps?

It doesn’t look like it can

Since I cannot buy one today; you comment is moot.

I did not say that the throw was uninspiring. What I said was that qualified descriptions such as “its really good - for the price”; are precisely the type of descriptions that I have heard applied to most YYJ. Is is good? Is is great?

There is more to this question than just whether it is a good new throw from YYJ. They are the self-appointed stewards of an American consumer space that others are simply crushing.

Lets hope the actual throw is better than the descriptions have been.

Have the specs been released on this throw yet? Or, can one of you who has seen it in person estimate the specs? Is it oversized…average width…weight??

Thanks.

56,4 mm, 42,3 mm, 69 g (different source says 68,6)