Yoyoing....Wrong?

This is the conundrum, I was wondering where you put the slip knot around your finger (and which finger). I put it at the very back of my middle finger. I see yoyoers putting it in the middle, or near the tip of there finger. Is there a ‘correct’ way to do it? I know Tyler Severance puts it on his pointer finger, I think at the back. Or it is more of a matter of preference.

Just wondering, does anybody else yoyo with the slip knot somewhere different?

First joint (closest to tip) on middle finger.

i put my slipknot right infront of the knuckle in the middle of my finger (towards the tip of my finger). I don’t think there is a correct way but I’ve heard the if you put the knot too far back on your finger it cuts off circulation

but when i put the string to close to the tip of my finger it starts sliding off haha. One time my yoyo nearly flew away

I’ve always been afraid it would fall off…

Putting it on the joint tends to keep it in place. I also feel I have more control when it’s there rather than further back.

i keep it in the back and so do my other freinds we seem to have kinda more contro when do continous tricks but thats just us

I believe it is just a suggestion to put it between first and second joint of the middle finger, but it only comes down to preference.

i do it on my middle finger in the middle of it… sometimes i go to the first joint but thats when im doing tricks that require more speed
BUT NEVER
EVER
DO FOLLOWS ON THE 1ST JOINT!
My BvM has the damage to prove it shivers

same here :smiley:

i slip it on behind the 2nd joint on my middle finger…but not all the way down to the hand.

also, when i throw breakaways, i’ve made it a habit to make sure the string is on top of my index finger. this way the index finger deals w/ most of the force - i think it helps my middle finger stay ‘healthier’.

however, for 2a - i noticed that slippin’ the string on or near the first joint works best. gives me better control over flicks and loops.

mgodinez

cloudy…

http://www.tutorials.com/tutorial_images/09/0915/09153bg.gif
I do believe that’s the most common place for people to put the slip knot.
but it’s really just personal preference. Severance does it with his index, and he’s a world champ. so… it doesn’t really matter.

In 5a : no slipnot.

I lol’d.

AAAHH!

I didn’t mean to thank you.

I just wanted to quote you and say that I don’t know why that matters…

1 Like

I think he was saying that because I mentioned tyler severance being a world champ.
I forgot that he won worlds doing 5a, not 1a. ><
But he still is pretty good at 1a… lol

I remember when I first started yoyoing, I always used the index finger. I then noticed the instructions said to use the middle finger which I tried…found I had a better grip and more control when throwing. I typically put my string on between the first and second joint so that I know for sure it’s attached yet it’s not too far in (so that I can get a clean throw).

That is what i do or i put it just below that.

I remember putting the string on the very back of my index finger when I first started.

When I started I put it on the back of my middle finger, but now I put it in the middle.

back of my middle finger, it gives more control, but makes it harder to land chopstick type tricks, but the main reason i do it is if the yoyo is on the back of my finger and when i play i land the string closer to the end it gives it more dimension instead the strings all just being on top of the other, i know it slows the yoyo a little bit because of friction but idrc.