YoyoFactory Whip review

I purchased the whip at a hobby town store in ct out of curiosity because ive never seen anything other than yomegas and duncans. For 11.99 i honestly love this yoyo. It feels very smooth has little vibe easy to maintain and has great looks. This yoyo is also durable for the plastic it has on it. On the yoyo it has an open cap profile with stickers to identify the yoyo. While the Stickers do look a little cheap i have found in total the yoyo does please my eyes. In the package came the yoyo and two replacement polyester strings. I got mine in orange but it comes in a variety of colors such as red, white, green, orange and more. The yoyo has a light feel to it but is very sturdy and strong feeling in my hand. It plays the best out of all my yoyos and i prefer it way over my YYJ Legacy. The feel is for me, and the price cant be beat for any beginner, intermediate, or expert looking for a yoyo to carry around and practice tricks. It cant be beat and is surely a yoyo to add to your collection.

Good to know :slight_smile:

It is easily worth the $10. I picked one up in blue to fill out my yoyo case and was not disappointed. The yoyo is completely unresponsive out of the box so may not be the best yoyo for absolute beginners. That being said, I can get through most of the expert tricks on this site with this yoyo. Nice to travel with cause of the price tag ;D

Just wanted to add that I like this throw. So much fun and the it seems to have alot of power to it’s spin, stable and loads of fun to play with.

It’s a pretty fun throw, the lack of weight causes it to not sleep very long though.

It cant be beat and is surely a yoyo to add to your collection.
[/quote]
in the means of plastic yoyos the yyf protostar is by far better than the yyf whip yes for its price its good but your saying that it cant be beat so if i weere u i would use a alpha crach (c3 yoyo design) or yyf protostar.

It is a good yoyo.

It is relatively nice looking. It can take hits to the ground withstanding most scuffs.

But I notice when people review these cheaper yoyos, they don’t touch on how it actually plays.

It plays very light, it can hit speeds to the point where the yoyo is just moving on it’s own, and you’re losing control of how it is actually moving. This isn’t very good considering the very minimal rim weight.

Over all, it’s good for people who want a cheap throw, that plays light. It is not recommended for fast play, because I find it too light, usually yoyos with a little more weight can move faster because they have a better way of carrying momentum smoothly.

in the means of plastic yoyos the yyf protostar is by far better than the yyf whip yes for its price its good but your saying that it cant be beat so if i weere u i would use a alpha crach (c3 yoyo design) or yyf protostar.
[/quote]
Im talking about the price. 10$ is almost nothing in the yoyo world and is surely a win.

Im talking about the price. 10$ is almost nothing in the yoyo world and is surely a win.
[/quote]
Try a YYJ Classic

All yoyos about 10$ will perform simaler, only reason this stood out was because i found it in a store and thought that was nice. Ive never seen a YYJ in a store, although it would be nice.

frankly i think that the whip is a great yoyo BUT if you are good at it then the whip is not for you if your just getting into non responsive then the whip is great i like mine (geot it signed by andrew bergen any one wants to buy it its 25 dollars or trade) it helped me get better but it was a good throw during that odd transition between responsive and non responsive. so in conclusion this is not a throw you should get if your advanced and are doing anything more complex than spirit bomb

Well this throw is still very fun as an advanced yoyo just to mess around with but yes i agree.

1 Like

I did. They suck stock. And to upgrade it costs more, so that wasn’t a good post at all.

Is a protostar $10?

Classics don’t “suck” stock, they’re simply responsive.

ok no the protostar is not ten dollars its 35 here on yye. and it does not cost alot to put some spacers into a clasic and make it non responsive. also if you want a good plastic u will get it with the proto star its a budget yoyo

The proto is good. And upgrading a classic isn’t just putting in spacers… Ira putting in new pads and a new bearing.

Ignore him, I really don’t think he knows what he is talking about any way.

Me? Im just saying,thats not how you upgrade the classic.

I know.

Ignore the other kid.

All im simply saying is 10 dollars. Just 10…fully unresponsive, durable, fast, easy to maintain, all around fun, you cant go wrong haha.