YYF Whip

I am thinking of buying a YYF Whip for a pocket throw, what do u guys think?

When someone mentions the Whip, I immediately also think of the OneStar and Replay. The Whips is a good yoyo, and the smallest & least expensive of these 3. The first time I tried a whip, I was a beginner and thought “this is unstable, doesn’t spin long and isn’t for me” Deep down, I knew part of the story was my own skill (or lack thereof). A month or so ago, I picked up the same Whip, threw it, and said to my son “Wow, this yoyo got a whole lot better.” Of course, the yoyo didn’t get better while sitting in a case. My skills improved.

That all said, if the size is the biggest driver, go with the Whip. If you can stand to go a little larger (~1mm diameter, ~2mm width), I think the OneStar is a bit better of a value (although it costs almost 50% more than the Whip). If even bigger is OK for you, I would go with the Replay, which is a crazy good yoyo. OneStar and Replay feel more forgiving for sloppy trick execution than the whip, but, the advantage of the Whip is it will give you feedback on your technique. It is a good yoyo, and, as you can see from the videos, it won’t hold a skilled player back.

1 Like

Yea thx! I already have the onstar and replay pro too!?

Its a good cheap organic shaped plastic throw. I do like my onestar better though.

And your favorite yoyo is the regen, so you’re past the point of buying super cheap throws. Ok. Why do you want a whip then? If you’re not a beginner, there’s really no reason to buy a whip. I know; you want to use it as a pocket throw. However, the one drop dingo, and the c3 token and FAR superior in terms of performance and size. Save a little more, go for the better options.

Ok thx guys!!

I’ve been yo-yoing 12 years and have thousands of dollars worth of yo-yos. And I have to say the Whip has been my favorite every day carry. Pair it with a nice bearing and it’s a killer yoyo. “Balance” will come with time and experience, so don’t worry about that. But for $8 you can’t beat it.

The Whip is one of the best responsive yoyos made. They should call it the Miracle Whip. It’s the cheapest yoyo with response pads and a bearing. I was a beginner and was able to get through all of the responsive trick ladder tricks really quickly because of it. I could do brain twister on it months before I could do it on most other yoyos.

Someone else started a thread about the Whip here in the forums very recently and one of the replies said that it’s also great unresponsive.

So, get one. You’ve got very little to lose. I bought a Whip for everyone I knew who I thought might enjoy a yoyo young and old because I had such a great learning experience with it.

2 Likes

I carry a couple Whips with me when I’m out throwing, often someone else wants to try my yoyo and having a “sacrificial” throw to hand out is really fun! If the newcomer really has enthusiasm after trying it, for six bucks I can afford to send 'em home with a toy to feed their new addiction with.

For the price it’s the best throw you can buy. Get two and do a half swap, give the other one away or keep it as a loaner!

Ivan

3 Likes

Ayyyeeee!! Glad to see I’m getting the trend going…. Let’s keep it up :space_invader::smiling_imp: