YoyoFactory Shutter Goes Down in History

Worlds.

@Everyone I don’t even know what I’m arguing anymore and you guys never read my posts anyways.

The Phaser won in 3a this year right?

and it should.

awesome throw and I love mine.

rejoice dudes.

-g

Another thing that should be mentioned, Gentry didn’t know the price of the Shutter when he approved of the prototype.

There is a database of contest results on the Worlds site that Rafael Matsunaga put together: Yo-yo Contest Result Database

It doesn’t have all the smaller contests, but it still has quite a bit. You can either search for a player and see all his/her past results in one place, or you can select a specific contest to view the results. That should have most of what you need.

As best I can find, here are several of the yoyos used for top 3 placements at the World Yoyo Contest: Worlds top 3 yoyo used - Google Sheets

Hopefully that helps.

2 Likes

^ I have not abandoned this. I’m just giving the thread a breather. I’ll bump it again, when I’ve modified the original post to add the official list for you guys to review. Thanks for chiming in to help complete it. It should be fun seeing how the short list stacks up.

Bill deboisblanc maybe? Didn’t he have a signature 2a yoyo? He won worlds and nationals within a year thrice. (Did anybody else mention him?)
Edit: I think a good idea would be to list all the players who have won worlds and nationals in a year, and then narrow it down.

Well I didn’t know that existed, so thanks! Saved me a ton of work repeating something that Rafael had already done.

Truth is…this is going to sell a lot of Shutters. Gentry is a great thrower but when you see him using this yoyo to win WORLDS…people will be impressed, including me. Plus with this awesome 20% off…its exiting and people will buy them.

Don’t know how this didn’t get mentioned. Yuuki won 2007 Nats and Worlds with an 888.

the Yomega Raider is -THE- most dominant competition yo-yo of all time… it’s not. even. close.

It has been used to win just about every world title for the last 17 years+ in 2a… as well as most national contests.

Of course the original question was about signature models… there aren’t a ton that fit the criteria before recent years, mostly because nobody got signature yo-yos without winning major titles first.

Kyle

Correct, this is geared toward signatures.

Also, despite that being the case in the past, I’m even curious who got a signature yo-yo before or after a major win, then went on to win Nationals and Worlds within a short period with that signature yo-yo. The National and World contests being very close together and not years apart, as in this case.

I think Dana Bennett won 5A at 2006 Worlds and Nats using a Buzz-On Element X, but he never got a signature model.

1 Like