YoyoFactory Regen Coming Soon...

Its not 45, its 50$

thats about 62 loonies to you

I could have sworn it was GoCrazyforYoyo. I’m not sure if that’s correct, but if so…

As far as I am concerned $45 or $50 is too much for this throw. I purchased the 2014 mystery box and was disappointed with the Regen. I did not like it and after trying it out I just put into one of my cases. When you buy any new model yoyo you are taking a chance. This time, in my opinion, I lost.

Soooo…don’t buy it? Lots of people did like it, which is why YYF are doing a production run. If it doesn’t sell, I’m sure there won’t be more. There are lots of yo-yos I think cost far more than they’re worth to me, doesn’t mean it’s not worth that much to someone else.

40 dollars this yoyo is a killer plastic. It plays well and I can take it with me places and feel good about having a decent yoyo I don’t have to worry about scratching or denting.

No, yoyofactory came up with the name; otherwise they wouldn’t have said what they said. It seems to me thatGoCrazy is usually on the ball when it comes to the YYF askfm, so you might have seen him post before you saw yoyofactory say the name.

I read it differently, as though they were asking someone to scroll through old ask.fm posts to find out who suggested the name, and let them know. GoCrazy says he used the name on the forums and in his review of the Regen early on, so I PMed him for clarification already.

Someone on IG proposed concave caps for this. Interesting.

We shall await the Crazy verdict.

Haha, great name though. ReGentry. :wink:

Re-Gentry
Re-Gentry-Generation
Regeneration

The sign of a great name.

You are correct.  He helped to spread the name early on, before it was actually chosen as the final name.  It gained some more momentum after his review.  Fourth paragraph down.

1 Like

He was right.

Thanks for doing the research on that, TA.  :smiley:

You know me, haven’t bought a yoyo in 2 years now, but it looks like a nice yoyo, throw a neon yellow string on there and you will have hours of FUN!

No plans on buying it though :confused:

Neon yellow looks good on almost ANY yoyo. XD It’s good. I recommend it. Lot of people were trading them for real cheap on the bst for a while, if you can find one cheap or for a good trade, I recommend it.

I’m really tempted to grab a white one. I got the mystery box one, and I really like it a lot. The price is right on the money in my opinion. I also got the Shaqlerstar in the mystery box, and the Regen is definitely worth $10 more in my opinion. The Shaqler is no slouch in terms of abilities for a plastic, but the Regen tops it in pretty much every category I can think of. Better spin times, more stable, material feels way more premium, much MUCH quieter, feels and seems more durable, better axle system (no spacers!), and better looking in my opinion.

I think it would be pretty cool if YYF started producing more plastics with the same material and axle configuration, because the Regen is a winner.

1 Like

Just to clarify, I worked to spread the term early on, and started using it frequently on the forums. I also featured it in my review. However I do not claim to be the originator. Only a promoter of what I thought to be a great name choice.

1 Like

I have become that someone:

So yes, it looks like the first mention of it (on the ASK.fm page at least) was actually from Yoyofactory themselves. :slight_smile:

Thank you. I went scrolling myself yesterday, but was way too lazy to copy and paste it all here as you did. YoyoFactory came up with it as an option, was considering it, and GoCrazy gave it a nice push. It was a great choice. :wink: