YYF REGEN (Mystery G) First Impressions Review.

You described the new yoyo perfectly.

Thanks Zorro.

I try to do my best with these reviews. This is my first “first impressions” type thing. I wasn’t sure how detailed I was supposed to be. My reviews are usually lengthy. I hope that doesn’t make the less enjoyable or helpful.

It looks like a really nice yoyo, I’d be interested in picking one up! Thanks for the pics and review!

Great job GCFYY! I enjoyed the review. I agree that it has a unique feel, and seems a bit faster with a bit more float than a Super G. It’s like the same shape with a different feel.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7580/15906086215_67e9e69847_z.jpgGentryThrow by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Super G. vs. Regen?

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7504/15880288356_2f7eae9691_z.jpgGentryThrow3 by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Nice review, this looks like something I would definitely like to try when/if they release it

If it does get released, I believe it will only be one run. I hope it doesn’t go like to initial release of the yeti.

No problem.

I plan on making a review as well for this but have a second and third opinions on it.

^ I’m interested in what others think after trying this yoyo. Please share

I want to do a review on it…but it’ll be hard to follow up to your indepth one. :slight_smile:
But once I finish finals in the next few days, I’ll compile something hopefully.

I just got my package and boy…I only played with it for a good 10 minutes and I love it! It’s stable, smooth and zippey on the string! It only has just a bit of vibe but who the hell cares!

I’d much prefer to buy this over the Rally, one drawback is I wouldn’t fingerspin on this lol

Got mine today! Man, it is pretty darn smooth. I looooooooove the solid feel. I did feel the “slower” play vibe going on but I’m cool with that. Although, I noticed that I lost spin time a lot faster in my long combos. (Maybe that’s just me, though.) All in all, I love it a bunch!

I prefer the REGEN to the Super G tbh. The Super G is better for contests mainly because of spin time and stability but the REGEN shreddsss. I really like it. Mine is smooth and grinds really well, but it also can make it through my longer combos.

I hope yiff makes moar.

You guys can take this as you like…
But since receiving my mystery box I have played the Proto 2x more than the regen…
But to be fair I have played with the Kendama 10x more than either lol.
I’m a full blown Kendama addict now, thanks catchy lol

Yeah… I don’t think anyone expects everyone to like everything. Some people like it, others don’t. That’s life.

It just does not seem to handle speed well. It plays decent if Im being calm just tossing it around, but as soon as I crank up the speed it wants to tilt off axis on me. And this might just be caused by my style, but I don’t have an issue with most of my other throws. I think the weight distribution is the issue. It feels like it has too much weight on the outside maybe? Just my opinion tho.

Plays fine for me, but no ones experience will be the exact same. This applies to most things, not just yoyo.

Whats that supposed to mean? Is that you hope it will have more than one run? Hope it won’t have more than one run? Hope it won’t sell out quickly like the yeti?

Anyway, I don’t see this becoming a yeti situation as it doesn’t have the “CLYW Hype” that the kids love so much these days. :wink:

I think you answered your own question with your other questions.

Thanks for reading.

if im reading you right i think we actually agree on something here lol
for my own selfish reasons i hope the regen does not go into full production.
but its looking like its going to.
i hate to throw around loose quotes with you lol ::slight_smile:
but yyf ask.fm
Q:did people like the regen enough for an official release
A: yes

It’s either a quote or it’s not. I’ll leave at that.

I see YYFs thinking here though. They do not directly gain if the yoyo gets only one release, thus becoming a collectible with an inflated price. The get zero monetary gain, only BSTers do.