YoYoFactory - Made in USA

Hi all:

Am not clear on why the hate mongers want to select YYF to dump on yet again.

YYF simply ROCKS, why?

they are committed to yoyo’s and the idea that there should be one for every person who wants to yoyo in every possible price bracket.

they are committed to the sport of yoyo and put their money up front to sponsor and help the industry.

these folks are super, freaking nice to be with, they are kind, considerate and passionate about yoyo’s and they show you respect.

ginny

1 Like

Yeah TA nolangherity Is always posting ignorant stuff. let him hate. I for one would hate living my life everyday looking at every single thing I could in a negative way it really must suck.

I ask that we shift focus in this thread (and on the forum) from calling people or companies out simply because you don’t like something they do or who they are. If you don’t like something send them an email or a PM (or better yet take a breath and walk away from the computer and go throw a yo-yo). But trying to slander a specific person or company is not what we want here (and in general is something we are going to try and be far more active about patrolling).

If you don’t have something nice to say - please keep it to yourself.

11 Likes

bump

This thread gets a lot of views.  ;)  SHU-TA restocked in black! Made in the U.S.A. too.  That 7075 goodness:

http://photos-g.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t51.2885-15/10175092_1030592403621678_560771999_n.jpg

(from @yoyofactory instagram)

Available in the store:
http://shop.yoyoexpert.com/product/1228/YYF-Shu-Ta

I want to start by apologizing for my last post, altho I did not find it obscene in any way it is obvious that the mod who deleted it did. I also did not see Mr. Boulay’s last post. But after reading it I just really need to touch on it-
I find it admirable that Mr. Boulay stood up to put the end to any negativity towards companies on this thread. An altho admirable, extremely unfair. I have seen multiple companies on this forum torn apart, MYY for example has been the center of many bash fest’s. But MYY did not start a thread like Ben has done with YYF, Ben obviously started this thread to get people thinking critically and speaking freely. But as soon as anything negative is brought to the table Mr. Boulay and his brigade of mods swoop in the edit our words. It is almost propagandizing the forums to let us hear only what is in benefit to YYE. The negativity shown towards YYF on this thread cannot even compare to the most minuscule of fractions to the negativity shown towards other companies. If you want to protect the companies on these forums that is all fine and dandy, but protect them ALL. Not just the ones putting money in your pocket.

Most of the MYY threads are about actual problems, actual owners have experienced. And if MYY doesn’t want to chime in, that’s their own business. That is not the same as correcting the facts. Ben didn’t start a thread like this. He responded to antagonizers, and it got out of hand when opinions of others turned into nothing more than schoolyard trash talk. Believe me when I say I have read all of this from an unbiased view.

1 Like

bompp

What??? You like seeing your name in print???

This is our home. Our website. And it is our responsiblity to make it a good and positive place for people to be part of. We are kindly asking you to be polite in our home to the people who support what we do - whether that is a customer, a manufacturer, or just someone who contributes to the community. They are all here and deserve your respect. The internet is of course free speech but much like being in a person’s home we ask you to be respectful of the ‘house rules’. If people want to post slander there are lots of other places on the internet to do that.

Again - if you have a problem with someone in particular send them a PM or email the company. Our forum is not the place for it.

4 Likes

That black Shu-Ta, though…

I mean I totally get that, but I havnt seen any “slander” here. I have seen some questions and comments that are critical of YYF. Like my recent post, it was not slanderous I’n the least. But while Ben was on the thread I just wanted to know why my “anonomous” question on ask.fm was answered so rudely. And while ask.fm issuses are usually not YYE issues this particular one was considering it was directly asking about a listing in your store. So I really do not understand why that particular post was deleted?
I mean I don’t know? Maybe my question asking skills are so bad they merit rudeness?
If this is the case I would like to know so I can work on myself lol.

And again… Sending an email to them personally might help better? Or a tweet or post on their Facebook wall? The purpose of this thread was not to openly criticize YoYoFactory. So another post trying to highlight negative aspects is exactly what I asked we move away from.

I’m just curious why you didn’t contact us directly in the first place since it was on our website? That is actually our bad - we needed to update the Pocket Change description ages ago (and we just did). They are correct - the OFFSTRING they used to make is so outdated I’m not sure you would be able to find one anywhere or any information about it either. Thanks for bringing it to our attention though as I did change the page.

As for YoYoFactory’s FM - if you read the answers it becomes pretty obvious very fast that the answers are given quickly/concisely in a very casual manner and probably typed out on a smart phone fast. It’s hard to keep up with the volume of questions/information coming at companies across all the different social media platforms. I think you are lucky that they took the time to respond at all and let you know the yo-yo hasn’t been made in six years. “Moving on…” to me reads moving on to more questions - the yo-yo is so old there just isn’t anything they can really tell you that will help. They used to sell parts that are just no longer available.

4 Likes

I’m just curious, but who runs your Yoyoexpert account now? lol Anyway, I don’t see how this thread was defending anything. YYFBen was just informing us which throws were made in the US, since it seems to matter a lot to some people that they don’t buy anything that’s produced in China. If you ask me, I think it’s very professional that he took the time to confirm that some Yoyofactory throws are still produced in the United States. I think some of you guys are taking it as him defending his company, when instead, he is reassuring people YYF is still very much an American company. Besides, I see YYF producing throws in China as a good thing. Without producing them in China, there’s no way they would be able to sell an amazing throw such as the Shutter for such a low price. It’d be a premium if they produced it here. They’re benefiting our community by allowing people to experience a very high end throw for a very cheap price.

1 Like

Our entire team here uses it now (we get a lot of ‘general’ customer service personal messages to it as well so we all keep an eye there).

I of course see pretty much all of it - but I wanted to be able to personally connect with people and have a way for people to reach out to me and know they are getting the ‘real’ person - so decided to use a new account to do that with. :wink:

4 Likes

Very good move. The store/forum owner having an identifiable account is an important factor in the operation. Other forum owners I’ve known were well aware of it, YoMike in particular lived it. (not to say we didn’t know who Yoyoexpert was, it’s just nice to see a name out there.)

Hey Ben

Thanks for making this post and clarifying which off your product is U.S. made vs other.
I’m sure it matters for some while not important for others.
Alas, I and many others appreciate it.

~Z

Really, guys? Somebody has to let him know.

there have probably been 100 or more posts deleted this week.

I don’t understand what they “need to know”. They know they make top notch product. They know some of it is done in china, they obviously know some of it’s made in the USA. But wether it is made in china or in the USA they all perform great! The shutter is arguably one of the best throws from YYF. “made in china”. The Cyborg is one of the best recent throws to come from YYF “100% american”. Both spin and both will do any tricks you throw at them. Am I missing something? Does the shutter feel like orange chicken and the Cyborg feel like steak and Potatoes? Cause they both feel great to me.