YoyoFactory Cypher

Same here.

Weird. The pads n mine are yellow.

Green and slippy.

It looks light green to me. :-\ I was debating whether to write green or yellow, so I know what you mean though. The color yellow is in green, so I went with green. I just held it up to my yellow yo-yo string, then my green yo-yo string, and it seems a lot closer to the green to me.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5587/14730413089_4ba5aee26f_z.jpgYYFPads by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

So are these a new pad from YYF. I know each color has certain characteristics. My green pads were slippy at first. Now they give good tight binds. They broke in for me within about two hours of play.

There are green pads in my Galaxy Proton too, so they have been around before. I asked YYF on ask.fm how they decided which pads to put in the Proton. I think they responded that they chose what looked best. The red ones look cool, and I’d like to see them in the YYE Editions in the future. ;D

I was glad to see them again in the Cypher. Anything looks good with blue ano though. :wink:

This puzzles me. Green is the swag pad? We use it cuz it looks good?

I thought it would something else. I know how red is the competition pad. Blue is the grippy pad. Yellowish gold is the natural pad. I thought each color would have a performance characteristic.

Hmmm. Never thought YYF would come out with a swag pad.

Mine too, I was a little disappointed with the Cypher because of the slippy binds but after about 2 hours they play great, hopefully they stay in the sweet spot for a while.

I think it’s a translucent yellow that only looks green because it’s got blue behind it that’s showing through and making it appear green-ish.

I took mine out to replace them with monkey snot. I still have them so I’ll take a picture when I get home from work. Almost positive they’re just yellow.

1 Like

Quick Fun Fact

The Cypher was designed by Kentaro of TP. So it’s kinda like a collab.

Please take a photo when you get a chance. I’m curious to see if they change color from green to yellow when removed. That’s actually pretty cool.

I questioned YYF asking about the color of the pads. Maybe they are yellow ones that turn green when installed. Or, maybe they are new green ones after all. I guess we’ll have to wait and see when Fullthrottle post a pic up. :-\

I thought they were cheap pads like in the JK at first, they were even popping out a bit.

Mine weren’t.

Ok, lucky you.

Anyone else have their pads popping out? Maybe you just got the short straw Yoyo.

Sorry, I was unclear, they don’t continuously fall out. They just weren’t installed properly by Da’factry. I never said that anyone else’s pads had problems (although a few others have mentioned it).

I haven’t had any issues with mine. I always keep spare response around anyway though.

Yeah I thought you meant that after each throw they’d pop out. That would really suck. Glad they work just fine for ya!

I’d throw them out after the second time if that were the case.