Yoyofactory IQ The smart powerhouse

@yyfben2.deactivated mentioned the IQ as a recommendation.
I just wrote a review for it the other day. Thought I’d share that here.

Specs:
Diameter: 56.00 mm / 2.2 inches
Width: 49.10 mm / 1.93 inches
Gap Width: 4.50 / 0.18 inches
Weight: 65.10 grams
Bearing Size: Size C (.250 x .500 x .187)
Response: “Slim Pad” Size 19mm OD
Material: 6061 Aluminum w/ Stainless Steel Rings

Yoyofactory often does designs based on previous designs. They have so much history that it’s very easy to just pick an older one, tweak that a little to improve and then release it as a new/improved design.

This was NOT the case for the IQ.When this yoyo was first released the general consensus was at first “what now?”. But those who got their hands on it were all extremely impressed.

The same goes for me. I knew next to nothing about this Bi-metal powerhouse other than the release year (2021). But I consider myself very lucky to have snagged one.

The yoyofactory IQ is a fairly wide yoyo wider even than the shutter wide angle or their Flame model. It certainly is bold looking, no matter the color you’ve chosen (I own the gold/blue version) and is very flashy and showy with it’s mostly polished surface.

This polished surface at the same time means that it’s not exactly ideal for grind based tricks. There’s no lip, no real fingerspin dimple or spike and the glossy surface tends to stick to the skin a little.

It IS however not sticky to the string. The polished surface means that the string just glides along it barely slowing it down.

When first holding it it’ll feel light in hand. The walls are fairly thin everywhere. Sometimes it feels almost fragile. The stainless steel rims on it though provide a LOT of power.

Spintimes are crazy long about comparable to the Edge Beyond yoyo from the same brand. It feels a lot faster though. Stable, powerful and fast are the keywords here. You want to do your repeater trick 3 times? You know, the one you normally struggle with doing it twice? How about five times with the IQ? It doesn’t seem to have a problem with it.

You want a premium feeling yoyo, but maybe one that’s a little different, one that not all your friends also own? Maybe one that doesn’t have a pro’s name on it per sé? This is your throw. I can not imagine anyone being disappointed with this speedy powerhouse.

32 Likes

just got my IQ today, and I genuinely don’t understand why this yoyo hasn’t seen more love. this thread is one of the few singing its praises and its just phenomenal.

love my IQ, super glad i decided to snag one during the amayzing sale. thanks @yyfben2.deactivated for the awesome yoyo <3

8 Likes

I got an IQ also was a bit gunshy due to the width but I really like this yo-yo . It does everything well . Really holds up well to anything you throw at it .

6 Likes

its actually shocking how well it plays considering its so wide. my legendary terrarian isnt quite this stable (or this smooth for that matter) lol, this is a silly comparison though regardless

6 Likes

IQ is a great yo-yo. I too am amazed that it is not flying out the door. Not only is it innovative; it can play with yo-yo’s with much higher price tags.

6 Likes

Hey everyone!

Just got an IQ after the new colors released (All Black). And im impressed by it as well. Im not sure, but I think they made all of them matte on the body while still being glossy in the cup. That just adds a little bit to its overall polish as far as im concerned! Dope yoyo for sure :ok_hand:

Ill be doing a full review on my YouTube in a couple weeks. Check me out there.

And Alex? Thxx for posting this. I wanted very much to see if people were having the same experience as I’m having!!

4 Likes

No doubt there will be at least ‘a few’ sold at Nats this weekend. And if the buyers are as impressed as those that ‘already know’, then they may get passed around to others and the word will move faster from there.

I would bet that I have the lowest skill level of anybody posting in this thread…. But after throwing hundreds of yo-yos over a few decades, I seem to have developed a feel in identifying diamonds or lemons… lol.

I’ve had a few for awhile now… But I clearly remember the first time I rolled one down the string, I was kinda puzzled.

It was wide in my hand. But it didn’t throw down like a wide yo-yo. It hits the bottom of the string like a feather but I could feel the power of the spin.

It loves to stay in plane but if you deflect it out, it’s easy to true up.

Very unresponsive but doesn’t fall down the string. Binds tight and with a snap.

The shape has a superb ‘footprint’. Hard comebacks…. Are like catching a pillow.

You ever wish you had a yo-yo that would just spin a little longer? <> Wish granted, lol

The IQ spin time is outstanding.

….And, I almost forgot to mention how beautiful the yo-yo is, regardless of colorway. It is just stunning.

And, probably the most amazing thing……… the price. I gotta lotta yo-yos. And I have at least 4 dozen yo-yos that cost hundreds of dollars apiece. The IQ bows to none of them.

I am not for a second saying the IQ replaces all other yo-yos and you can only have fun with it and if you don’t have one you should be a sad puppy.

All yo-yos have either similarities or differences that make them unique, fun, functional, collectible, cost effective and/or beautiful.

Interestingly, the IQ checks all those boxes and happily more people are finding that out.

11 Likes

Loved this review and i share your feelings about it. This thing is Super UNDERRATED and I’m hoping my review on YouTube will put more eyes on this. Perhaps the addition of the R-Type mono version that just dropped will bring a bit more noteriety to this DOPE YOYO!!

4 Likes

Can’t wait to try it! I have one sitting at the post office waiting for me to get back home to collect it. Seems like nothing but positive feedback.

1 Like

Ditto. This thing is awesome.

3 Likes