Yoyo-Related Injuries

I think 3 times in my life I’ve hit myself in the forehead from a bad snag… each time was with a wider heavier yoyo (i won’t mention names…) each one left a nice cut on my forehead Harry Potter style scar that my wife and eventually my kids got a good chuckle from. first 2 healed and are not noticeable. Latest one was about 10 days ago. Still healing but I’m sure it will be fine like the other 2…:innocent:

4 Likes

Practicing a superman bind, and smacked myself in the nose 3 times, it left a huge welt. :sweat_smile:

The contact is out and a full recovery is expected, although things are still a little blurry and I’ll be going back in a month to check everything out.

The doctor let me know she’d bought her boys yoyos as stocking stuffers the day I came in, and that I’d made her a little nervous about it, but I’d brought the TiNy in with me to show her, which reassured her about it.

I guess I’ve got a more cautious respect for undersized throws now. Aside from the weight distribution, I can’t trust that my neanderthal brow will deflect those direct hits.

3 Likes

When I was trying to do a bind from high up it landed on my face.

As someone with long arms I’ve been lucky to never have it get too close to my eyes. That being said, i have been hit in the crotch a few times now with my yoyos and it is… not fun.

2 Likes

Ooooooouch

1 Like

I got back into yoyo in 2022, and I’m happy to say that I haven’t hit my face/head during that time period. Until the other day. There’s a big, fat, titanium-induced knot on my head now. I was shooting the moon with my El-Tio, and it went farther behind me than I anticipated and I froze up. I was completely capable of catching it, but instead I flinched and looked away instead. tink At least it sounded cool.

6 Likes

I was doing horizontal boingy boings when it missed the string and hit my face, now I have a bruise on my face

2 Likes

I just got my first bleeder about 2 hours ago. I was doing some behind-the-back horizontal, got a snag, it hit my elbow. Twice. In five minutes. I didn’t even notice the bleeding until now. Thankfully, I carry peroxide in my bookbag, but it still left a medium-sized gash.

2 Likes

i was doing some hook and i got an axle knot and i threw and it bonked me in the forehead and there was a bulge for a week

2 Likes