Yoyo officer experience

Trying to branch out, does anyone have any experience with yoyo officer throws? how do they play, build quality, history etc

5 Likes

I’ve only tried Brave and Rave from YYO, but I can say that quality control is possibly one of the best from China as they are dead smooth out of the box, great for grinds, but not for finger spins. For me, they’re tech-oriented throws, wide and heavy, but also stable and long spinning.

The way YYO name its yoyo is quite interesting, they go through the alphabet and I believe Avex is the second round already. A thing to note about Brave is that it was made in 2012, at the time there weren’t any factories making the splash anodise finish on metals, so the team at YYO reached out to multiple factories to achieve this type of finish and was the first to do so in China.

6 Likes

Supppper good and quality. Damn low price too

3 Likes

i like the feel of all of them. can please all kind of players. joyful and floaty feel in general. but theres one thing about the finish, they look quite bright and to the finger grind, it’s perfectly smooth but easily worn under long use

3 Likes

I’ve got a few of them as well, they are great quality for a “budget friendly” price.

2 Likes

You could rave about the YYO Rave all day long……so Good!

2 Likes

I see what you did there :rofl:

2 Likes

Everyone I’ve tried has been great. From play to fit and finish. The price was a bargain years ago. Not so much today with all the other high quality ones available at their prices, but they still compete.

I was just throwing my Hatchet on the 4th for the colorway. Posted in the throwing today thread but here it is again.

This is an old review I did on it. Not sure why the pictures aren’t loading and you have to click the link?

2 Likes

Their quality is OK but not really good. I was in the Yoyofficer team.

1 Like

why do you say that?

1 Like

The axles seem poorly tapped and too short on some models. That’s the main issue. Their quality just isn’t that great. YYO was company that had virtually zero passion for yoyos. they just released them cheap to get them sold.

1 Like

insightful Glen, thanks, thats the kind of attention to detail i was wondering about

1 Like

There are definite exceptions to this though. The first 8 models ever made were good quality.

The Hatchet 2 is also really good and worth getting.

The Quash is a bit vibey but a really nice V shaped.

The Musket is also very nice.

2 Likes

Hmmm. My kilter 2 is a good yoyo… only one I’ve ever tried from YYO

1 Like

Yeah I like the Kilter 2. Has stripping problems though.

1 Like

the Hatchet+ was really good. (the bimetal version)

I use to own 2 models brave and tusk great throws and loved the groove center bearings as well but sold them with my collection they had some nice models tho

not a Brave [edit: It’s a Musket as Glen pointed out below]. So nice to throw and I like pairing this one with white string.

[I thought it was a Brave since I only have this one YYO and I found a receipt for a Brave in my old emails. Turns out that vendor sent me a follow up message apologizing saying they were actually out. Just now I found the Musket receipt email from YYE. Lol.]

6 Likes

Beautiful color

1 Like

I have one of their yoyo’s it’s REALLY good. I think it’s called the Orbis. It very light stable and extremely smooth. it was also super cheap. it’s one of my favorites in my collection.

1 Like