Yoyo Inventions?

mrcnja has an awesome collection of hand made wooden yoyos, with sili, c size bearings, and all the regular parts that metal yoyos have.

I think it would be cool if a ‘money’ line of yoyos was made, like a cheap beginner yoyo would have a penny stuck in the sides, a plastic unresponsive could have a nickel, a better unresponsive a dime, and something amazing could have a quarter. And different divisions could have different countries money. (1A-American 2A-Chinese 3A-Japanese and whatnot.)

wouldn’t it cause vibe or wobble?

What purpose would it serve other than adding a vibe and rattle?

This has been done several times. The yyj synergy and auldey photon spirit (both a plastic and metal version) are two that come to mind. No one’s really found a good way to do it yet is why more companies don’t do it.

YYJ made synergy caps loooong before they made lateral caps. I’ve never personally used synergy caps, but I’ve heard they’re like a poor man’s hubstack.

they aren’t free spinning though, are they? I thought the were just super slick like lateral caps.

nope, they’re free spinning. Just google synergy caps and watch any of the videos.

Not if they were fastened in securely enough.

Also someone mentioned the kuyostar it is a yoyo where the catch zone is free spinning. not sure how it actually works only seen one in pictures and videos, but it is pretty interesting

A yoyo robot that can walk the dog and do tricks by itself.

Can we just go to sleep for another 20,000 years. ZZzzzZZzzzZzzZZZZZZZZZZzzz

I think it’s probably similar to c3’s design.
http://www.28spin.com/news/?p=1964

Eternal arm grinds  :o

Donut shaped yoyo you could put your finger in. Z sized bearing.

look up the bist black hole. It’s bearingless, but you could probably put your finger through it.
I really like the idea though.

A mini CNC (I think that’s what it’s called) machine so that we can make our own yoyos in our rooms :wink:

so basically “YYE sells a Make you own yoyo kit with cnc lathe,cad program and 6061 aluminum”

id buy that,…

Full-body stacks would be neat, but I just realized they would make rejections completely impossible. And might make some slacks considerably more difficult.

I would love a string cutter that cut at least 20 at once

they’re easy enough to get for many tens of thousands of dollar machines.

hands you a machete
DONE!