Yoyo hostage situation//giveaway. Need input. (Might be controversial)

please dont say “oh give it to some one who really needs it.”

This isn’t skill based at all. We all know how non-throwers are. A few simple eli hops will get a reaction. The contest would not be on how good you are, it’s how well you can impress people and get funny faces.

Edit: Yeah, the imitation one would be pretty cool.

And I didn’t realize that we could secretly tell people to go all crazy and react wildly to our tricks. haha

Yup, there is also the fact that people can cheat and stage a reaction.

i like destroying expensive stuff or begging for yo-yos

As awesome as those would be (to watch). I don’t want to encourage people to destroy stuff… LEAVE THAT TO ME! (possibly…) 8)

just used a big oll sledge hammer to destroy an ipod touch for nothing

I think you’d destroy your blender! I have no idea though for a random contest off the top of my head

Got my eye on a couple at the Goodwill. Will be using an extension cord to turn it on, so I expect the Blender will get destroyed.

I expect someone to win though, so please keep up the suggestions!

This is fantastic. lmao.

You make allot of valid points, and I didn’t mean to come off as I did, but I think this contest might leave a few disappointed, considering there will be people expecting a yoyo to be blended and there will also be people expecting a yoyo giveaway. If you think about it… this is pretty diabolical, and I can’t help but to appreciate it.

For one thing, I don’t please very many people around here to begin with.

Such is the bittersweet nature of this give-away.

I intend on making the most intriguing give-away.

What if it was like a yoyo “scavenger hunt” sort of deal. A list of things you gotta record yourself doing and compile into a video…

Like… Do a two person Trapeze with a random stranger inside a Starbucks… and a few other tasks?

Honestly, I would just make it funny yoyo videos, and whoever can make you laugh the most wins the yoyo, so it would be like, “Entertain me, or the yoyo gets it!”.

It would just suit the whole “hostage” thing, altogether. Not to mention the fact, you don’t have to be good at yoyoing to be funny.

That’s just an idea.

I did the funny video ordeal in one of my recent contests.

I loved seeing a bunch of videos that made me laugh… but two things about that…

1. It’s already been done, so it’s bound to bring a ton of the same videos from the last thread.
  2. I do not want to sit through 9 hours of funny videos again. My stomach/face was sore half way through, then the last half I was getting slightly irritable haha.

Now, maybe if it was, MAKE a funny video… then maybe…

That’s what I meant. Make a funny yoyo related video.

Ah… it’s a good idea. But needs a twist er something. Being funny can be simple, but being funny could/is also be very hard for some people. Also making me laugh…which also might be hard for some of you guys… or prove to be embarrassing for contestants haha (could actually make it interesting for me though haha)

So it could be that… but even then, I would be judging based off who made me laugh the hardest, which would eliminate the possibility of Everybody losing. So it would have to be a Funny Video and maybe one or more requirements.

It has to have the possibility of everybody losing, or nobody winning. Maybe a set of rules, that if anyone is negative at all in the contest I will instantly blend the thing… or something SAW like muahahaha

Something that’s not yoyo related , doesn’t depend on speed or strength, i think that would be fair enough for people not to complain about the subject of the contest, yet i can’t figure out such an idea, great contest dude and good luck to everyone :slight_smile:

love this idea so much

Do skills vs product. Have everybody do a combo on a 10 and under yoyo!